How hard is it to change dates with prometric?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nope80

Resident
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experiences with this? I was thinking of pushing back 5 days but am not sure if I should do this now or wait until closer to the exam (3 weeks away). Maybe I will need the time but maybe I won't - I just don't know how hard it will be to change closer to the exam. Anyone have any experience with this?

Members don't see this ad.

I was looking today, and it's not that it's difficult to go through the process, it's just that there may not be many dates available where you want to take the test. I'd do it sooner than later if you want to do it, and if there aren't any dates open, keep checking and I guess one may open up. Good luck.

its really hard to decide because I would be eating into my vacation week right before 3rd year - I don't know how much of a difference 5 days could make in a score but its better than nothing, right?

this is from 2nd hand experience but as your test day approaches, more spots are bound to open up b/c people are switching their test days around.

I would try to gauge how much "juice" I have left to put in 5 more days of studying. 5 days is quite a bit...if you have the energy, there's lots of room for increases. another story if you're peaking.

Members don't see this ad :)
Super easy, you do it online, and there were a bunch of openings where I live. I pushed mine back a few days... never felt better. If I'm not stressed anymore, how could I possibly become burned out? I had 15 days of vacation, now I have 10. I did it right away because I realized I like to go slower than most people, take more time off.

yeah I like to go slower too. If I push it back 5 days, I can take it on a friday and then two weeks of island clinical medicine intro crap starts on that monday. Is that enough vaca relaxation time or should I not even be thinking about that? Maybe island week will give me time to recover. Any opinions?

What is island clinical medicine intro? After my 10 days I start internal medicine hard core, so I at least need some time and everyone at my school recommends it. If that week is going to be easy, it might not matter. Does everyone at your school emphasize a break like at mine? If not, then I would just push it back and have fun on that weekend off and take it easy through training.