How hard is it to get a GPR these days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

keep2camel

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So for all you that have recently graduated, how hard is it to get into a GPR assuming I attend a new dental school (touro)? I also prefer to have a GPR in NYC/Tri State area.
MUCH APPRECIATED🙂🙂🙂
 
Certain hospitals will be harder to get into than others. There are many GPR programs in tristate/nyc but some I personally would avoid. This past cycle (2017) I know quite a few people who didn't match to any of their ranked programs and had to scramble to post match.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Certain hospitals will be harder to get into then others. There are many GPR programs in tristate/nyc but some I personally would avoid. This past cycle (2017) I know quite a few people who didn't match to any of their ranked programs and had to scramble to post match.

What programs would you avoid and why? (Feel free to PM me, if you don't want to publicly name specific programs).