How hard is it to get a GPR these days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keep2camel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So for all you that have recently graduated, how hard is it to get into a GPR assuming I attend a new dental school (touro)? I also prefer to have a GPR in NYC/Tri State area.
MUCH APPRECIATED:):):)

Members don't see this ad.

Certain hospitals will be harder to get into than others. There are many GPR programs in tristate/nyc but some I personally would avoid. This past cycle (2017) I know quite a few people who didn't match to any of their ranked programs and had to scramble to post match.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Certain hospitals will be harder to get into then others. There are many GPR programs in tristate/nyc but some I personally would avoid. This past cycle (2017) I know quite a few people who didn't match to any of their ranked programs and had to scramble to post match.

What programs would you avoid and why? (Feel free to PM me, if you don't want to publicly name specific programs).

Look on the thread of GPR's which had lots of open positions after match. That's a good place to start.

Reactions: 1 user