Eptifibatide

10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
i was just trying to think of all the career options that don't require a residency, excluding working in a retail pharmacy (ie. walgreens, rite aid, cvs, etc.).

does anyone know if you need to specialize or do a residency in order to become a compounding pharmacist? is extra training/schooling involved? how hard is it to find a job?

museabuse

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacy Student
i was just trying to think of all the career options that don't require a residency, excluding working in a retail pharmacy (ie. walgreens, rite aid, cvs, etc.).

does anyone know if you need to specialize or do a residency in order to become a compounding pharmacist? is extra training/schooling involved? how hard is it to find a job?

Usually the busy compounding pharmacies, techs do all the compounding the pharmacist just has to sign off on it. I always liked compounding but I don't see pharmacists doing it too much. Now that we have compounding pharmacies all around, ie Apothecary shop I love to send the customers there for questran compounds especially when i am busy.

About the Ads

Aznfarmerboi

15+ Year Member
May 18, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Usually the busy compounding pharmacies, techs do all the compounding the pharmacist just has to sign off on it. I always liked compounding but I don't see pharmacists doing it too much. Now that we have compounding pharmacies all around, ie Apothecary shop I love to send the customers there for questran compounds especially when i am busy.

Really? In NYS, only pharmacists can do compounding. However I do see techs doing IV. . . .

blueclassring

15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Your other option is to work for a compounding pharmacy and get the practical experience you need from there. Otherwise, PCCA or Gallipot are your best bets!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.