Eptifibatide

10+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2008
Status
Pharmacist
i was just trying to think of all the career options that don't require a residency, excluding working in a retail pharmacy (ie. walgreens, rite aid, cvs, etc.).

does anyone know if you need to specialize or do a residency in order to become a compounding pharmacist? is extra training/schooling involved? how hard is it to find a job?

mike36

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2007
Austin, TX
Status
Pharmacist
PCCA is a good resource if you want to go into compounding.

museabuse

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2005
Status
Pharmacy Student
i was just trying to think of all the career options that don't require a residency, excluding working in a retail pharmacy (ie. walgreens, rite aid, cvs, etc.).

does anyone know if you need to specialize or do a residency in order to become a compounding pharmacist? is extra training/schooling involved? how hard is it to find a job?
Usually the busy compounding pharmacies, techs do all the compounding the pharmacist just has to sign off on it. I always liked compounding but I don't see pharmacists doing it too much. Now that we have compounding pharmacies all around, ie Apothecary shop I love to send the customers there for questran compounds especially when i am busy.

About the Ads

Aznfarmerboi

10+ Year Member
May 18, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
Usually the busy compounding pharmacies, techs do all the compounding the pharmacist just has to sign off on it. I always liked compounding but I don't see pharmacists doing it too much. Now that we have compounding pharmacies all around, ie Apothecary shop I love to send the customers there for questran compounds especially when i am busy.
Really? In NYS, only pharmacists can do compounding. However I do see techs doing IV. . . .

blueclassring

15+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
Your other option is to work for a compounding pharmacy and get the practical experience you need from there. Otherwise, PCCA or Gallipot are your best bets!

About the Ads