How hard is it to get into Buffalo?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmy84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with Buffalo?

Their PharmCAS says they only interviewed about 225 last year, but I wonder how many applied.

They don't really give statistics on the class profile.

I also can't find anything about what % of applicants already have a B.S...

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Do they have a website ? Generally information like that is always listed on the school's website in the admissions section.

Click here for the link to the stats. It says 52% of the class have bachelors, but nothing more specific on applicants. There are probably a lot of applicants because it is a PharmCAS school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I graduated with a B.S in pharmacology from UB so I know their system pretty well. Their cut off for PCAT even though they don't come out and say it is 75% in each area of the exam. Also if you have above a 3.4ish i would say and good ref and pharm experience you should get atleast an interview, however I did know someone last year with no pharm experience that got in so I guess it doesnt matter that much, just as long as you have the stats listed above. They participate in rolling admissions as well so the sooner you get your application in the better! good luck!

I graduated with a B.S in pharmacology from UB so I know their system pretty well. Their cut off for PCAT even though they don't come out and say it is 75% in each area of the exam. Also if you have above a 3.4ish i would say and good ref and pharm experience you should get atleast an interview, however I did know someone last year with no pharm experience that got in so I guess it doesnt matter that much, just as long as you have the stats listed above. They participate in rolling admissions as well so the sooner you get your application in the better! good luck!

I'm not sure about the 75% in each area, since the average subtest percentile score they accepted was a ~77%, which would indicate that either they accepted people who only got right around a 75 or it follows a normal bell curve and they take people from a wider range.

there are many kinds of discriminations..and two of those are what i called bigotry discrimination and intellectual discrimination....you know what bigotry discrimination is..so i am not going to talk about it, but the intellectual discrimination is also called 'the end does not justify the means'...that is, as long as you get your license', ask yourself 'does it matter how smart you were, does it matter if you have a high or low gpa?, does it matter what you did to get the license? you can have a low IQ or be stupid... but you get the point, so when you get the license, you're considered equal to a guy who went to Harvard or at a top pharmacy school.... does the end justify the means....that's why you see a lot of CEO or excutive as dumb as...well, unless they get in trouble and be exposed....only in America!
btw...Buffalo only wants your $$$, everything is zerox...they wouldn't waist a penny on you....good-luck applying there!

there are many kinds of discriminations..and two of those are what i called bigotry discrimination and intellectual discrimination....you know what bigotry discrimination is..so i am not going to talk about it, but the intellectual discrimination is also called 'the end does not justify the means'...that is, as long as you get your license', ask yourself 'does it matter how smart you were, does it matter if you have a high or low gpa?, does it matter what you did to get the license? you can have a low IQ or be stupid... but you get the point, so when you get the license, you're considered equal to a guy who went to Harvard or at a top pharmacy school.... does the end justify the means....that's why you see a lot of CEO or excutive as dumb as...well, unless they get in trouble and be exposed....only in America!​
btw...Buffalo only wants your $$$, everything is zerox...they wouldn't waist a penny on you....good-luck applying there!

I really wanna go there, why do you say that Buffalo only want money?
the tuition is relatively low and after P1 we can pay in state tuition as well.
could you provide us some more details? thank you.
I was invited to interview next year Feb 8 by an email.:)

I'm not sure about the 75% in each area, since the average subtest percentile score they accepted was a ~77%, which would indicate that either they accepted people who only got right around a 75 or it follows a normal bell curve and they take people from a wider range.

to get into UB on the PCAT your percentile scores MUST add up to 350 or else you are automatically rejected. thats what i meant.

their website says they have no minimum score, but that most average 350-399, so you aren't automatically rejected with less than 350.

they say theres no minimum score because they want more people to apply, they basically want your money, trust me if you have below a 350 you are not getting in, but by all means apply i am not trying to discourage you. UB is a really good school espically for the money so its definately worth a try!

they say theres no minimum score because they want more people to apply, they basically want your money, trust me if you have below a 350 you are not getting in, but by all means apply i am not trying to discourage you. UB is a really good school espically for the money so its definately worth a try!

I'm not sure you know how averages work. A 350 average indicates that each percentile score is around 70, so that must mean in order for your claim to be true:

1.Lower than 350 is automatically rejected
2. Average is 389 (taken off a report posted here)

They must only admit people with between a 350 - 420, which is 70-84, which is a very narrow range.

If they are so hellbent on keeping a good profile with such high PCAT scores, they should only admit people with much higher than 78%!

Hey I go to UB for pharmacy. Alot of the kids who are P-1's have a BS or some sort of degree. Most of them did really well on the PCAT. I'd apply though. They are really nice. I would highly recommend applying and the school in general but be prepared it is alot of work. Haha. Good luck.