How has pharm school change your view about healthcare?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fantacia

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am wondering:

After being expose to the pharm education, what kind of issues did you become aware of regarding healthcare and pharmaceutical industry?

What is your stand on private healthcare versus nationalize healthcare?

Should the government put more limits on pharmaceutical company in term of pricing their drugs?

Thanks so much for you input!!

:)

Members don't see this ad.

my 2 cents....

1. all these conflicts about prescription drugs is just a POLITICAL THEATRE!

2. drug companies' survival = R&D. Unfortunately, that cost a lot of money (close to quarter of their capital compare that with other industry). where do they get their money from? profits from selling drugs. no profits no R&D, no new drugs in the market.

3. save money by focusing on the prevention rather than fixing the problem once it arises.

more input later when i can think little bit better. I may be also wrong with the figures but i will fix it later. sleep.

honestly?? my respect for doctors has gone way down since entering pharm school..

and i work in a GOOD place with friendly doctors

but between my own health issues, and family members... i'm just tired of the ego.. give it a rest.. so you have a doctorate.. we will too.. whohooo :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
And as many people read this post, their respect for pharmacy has just gone down as they realize it has people like you. :thumbdown:

ku06 said:
And as many people read this post, their respect for pharmacy has just gone down as they realize it has people like you. :thumbdown:

hehe.. you amuse me

i stated my personal opinion.. thats my right to hold as a PERSON... its based on professsional, health and personal relations..

i'm tired of putting up with doctors egos.. period.. i'm sure others in health care are as well.. and someone needs to finally say it..

just b/c i'm saying that doctors need to be more respectful of pharmacists, and the WHOLE medical team in general, does not do detriment to pharmacy

give it a rest on these ego fights. holy smokes. just do your job. everyone is important in healthcare. one cannot function without one another well not as efficiently. goal of our profession is positive outcome of pts we take care of. period. you can have any damn title after your name. you dont get respect from the letters put on your name. you gain respect by what you do with the letters that comes after your name.

Mags said:
honestly?? my respect for doctors has gone way down since entering pharm school.....i'm tired of putting up with doctors egos.. period.. i'm sure others in health care are as well.. and someone needs to finally say it....

You are generalizing doctors as an elitist bunch of snobs. This is not true of most doctors. There are some jackass' out there, especially a certain future doc that has their own blog site, but pharmacy has quite a few jackass pharmacists. Don't let a few people guide your view on a whole profession.

Caverject said:
You are generalizing doctors as an elitist bunch of snobs. This is not true of most doctors. There are some jackass' out there, especially a certain future doc that has their own blog site, but pharmacy has quite a few jackass pharmacists. Don't let a few people guide your view on a whole profession.

not most doctors, agreed.. and i will completely and utterly admit i'm biased and bitter .....i've been extremely unhealthy with two pretty serious medical complications/states this past year, and i have recieved seriously sub standard care and rudeness the entire year... so i'm a little jaded..

of the doctors i WORK with (clinical setting, not hospital) they're all pretty fabulous except a slight few who need their heads removed from the sky...

as for a certain doc and a blog.. hmm.. ditto..

i generally try to push equatorial relationships whenever i'm working or not.. but my personal opinion of doctors has declined yes a little.. but do i realize that is because it might be a production of their school/education/educational experience? yes.. i'm reasonable in that matter..

we need more inter allegiance student organizations (such as sparx at our school which includes students from all the health care schools), which will teach EVERYONE from the GET GO, that we need to have respect for others in the other fields, and what everyone in the other fields ACTUALLY DO.

Mags said:
we need more inter allegiance student organizations (such as sparx at our school which includes students from all the health care schools), which will teach EVERYONE from the GET GO, that we need to have respect for others in the other fields, and what everyone in the other fields ACTUALLY DO.

Funny you mention that....Nova Southeastern passed a resoultion in region 3 that directly deals with this issue. I wonder if it will show up at nationals

Caverject said:
Funny you mention that....Nova Southeastern passed a resoultion in region 3 that directly deals with this issue. I wonder if it will show up at nationals

hmm. i'd like to see it show up at nationals.. i think its a relevant issue