Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To be honest, I find that a lot of what I learn is largely applicable to medicine. Even with Biochemistry, a lot of the material I've learned has helped me understand the symptoms of certain diseases as opposed to just memorizing them.I'm surprised to see so much positivity.
M1 sucks. The material is dry and barely applicable. I don't get to see my family nearly enough. I study several hours a day in terms of volume, not difficulty. Any time I take time off to go out or hangout, I can barely enjoy it secondary to feeling guilty for not studying. The studying makes my normal state school undergrad look like a complete joke. Maybe it's because I have a significant clinical background, but I easily see how much useless stuff we're learning. Our professors are sub-par at best. Our tests average from 76 to about 82 without curves, but everyone pretends like they're stress free and getting 100s on every exam, which is more annoying than anything else. There's a large amount of people in my class who love OMM, which I just don't understand. Type A people are annoying as hell. People ask the dumbest questions I've ever heard with the answer literally in front of their face on the slide. The amount of fake altruism I endure is truly nauseating, especially in spite of recent events. I'm passing, but not without having drug my feet.