Quantcast

How helpful is doing all the practice problems in the Ek 1001 Books or ...

Get Shadowing and a Virtual Clinical Education
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdla

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it better to do practice tests and then use the 1001 Books for mostly extra problems for questions I got wrong on the practice tests? What your opinions?

mterp45

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any advice?

I did about 80% of the all the chem and the phys. I did not skip any. It took me about two months since I am not the type to move on when I don't understand something, but I wish I never did all those problems. I don't think they were really helpful due to the fact they weren't passaged based I would have been better off doing practices passages for the physical science. If I was to start all over again I would have just done every three like they suggested. Furthermore, some of the problems are a lot more complicated than what you are going to see in chem and physics passages. Nevertheless, I would recommend doing every problem in the bio 1001 which is passaged based and the most helpful of the three in my opinion.

PreMed4Dummies

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've been working through most of the EK 1001 Chem problems and I agree with mterp45. It's taken me almost a month (partly because I am on break and more lazy and partly because I was especially weak at gen chem). Like mentioned above, I would follow what EK recommends, do every few problems and if you are getting a lot wrong go back and redo more of them (this is what I will do for the rest of physics, orgo, and bio). Also as my spring semester is going to start next week, I won't possibly have enough time to do all of the problems anyway!

good luck!

BassPlease

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My test date is in 14 days and for the last week I have been working intensely on getting through all 2002 questions of Gen Chem + Physics- so far I am at 1179/2002, and I'm doing every one. I think it is totally do-able. I'm a retaker, and know that my weakness lies in PS, which is why I'm doing serious content review. I'm keeping a notebook of every question, doing my work in it and writing notes to myself about things I missed.

Good luck!

-BP