How helpful is doing all the practice problems in the Ek 1001 Books or ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdla

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it better to do practice tests and then use the 1001 Books for mostly extra problems for questions I got wrong on the practice tests? What your opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Any advice?

I did about 80% of the all the chem and the phys. I did not skip any. It took me about two months since I am not the type to move on when I don't understand something, but I wish I never did all those problems. I don't think they were really helpful due to the fact they weren't passaged based I would have been better off doing practices passages for the physical science. If I was to start all over again I would have just done every three like they suggested. Furthermore, some of the problems are a lot more complicated than what you are going to see in chem and physics passages. Nevertheless, I would recommend doing every problem in the bio 1001 which is passaged based and the most helpful of the three in my opinion.

I should just used the other 1001 EK books for just my weakness then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, I've been working through most of the EK 1001 Chem problems and I agree with mterp45. It's taken me almost a month (partly because I am on break and more lazy and partly because I was especially weak at gen chem). Like mentioned above, I would follow what EK recommends, do every few problems and if you are getting a lot wrong go back and redo more of them (this is what I will do for the rest of physics, orgo, and bio). Also as my spring semester is going to start next week, I won't possibly have enough time to do all of the problems anyway!

good luck!

My test date is in 14 days and for the last week I have been working intensely on getting through all 2002 questions of Gen Chem + Physics- so far I am at 1179/2002, and I'm doing every one. I think it is totally do-able. I'm a retaker, and know that my weakness lies in PS, which is why I'm doing serious content review. I'm keeping a notebook of every question, doing my work in it and writing notes to myself about things I missed.

Good luck!

-BP