Is the 'and lab' phrase important in prereq name?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dragonite7

Reaction score
While filling out my first secondary, I realized that for one of my gen chem prereqs I forgot to write 'and lab' in the name (i.e. it just says "General Chemistry II ... (4 credit hours)" instead of "General Chemistry II and lab") and I'm worried schools might think I only took 1 lab semester. I believe I checked the lab box but I don't see that indicated on the downloaded application. All of my other prereqs are right. Is it worth sending a letter to schools explaining this?

Members don't see this ad.

Schools do not use the AMCAS application to check prereqs. Typically pre-Rex or not check until after you’ve taken up a final offer of acceptance. At that point, you will have to submit all official transcripts again but this time directly to your school. It is only after acceptance, but before matriculation that prerequisite courses are checked for fulfillment of requirements.

Reactions: 1 user
Schools do not use the AMCAS application to check prereqs. Typically pre-Rex or not check until after you’ve taken up a final offer of acceptance. At that point, you will have to submit all official transcripts again but this time directly to your school. It is only after acceptance, but before matriculation that prerequisite courses are checked for fulfillment of requirements.
Thanks for the response. I was concerned if adcoms would look at my course list while reviewing my application and think negatively if they don't see a lab.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the response. I was concerned if adcoms would look at my course list while reviewing my application and think negatively if they don't see a lab.
The admissions staff will check the course catalog or prehealth advising office's list of prereqs.

Reactions: 1 users
The admissions staff will check the course catalog or prehealth advising office's list of prereqs.
I would maintain that this will not happen to the vast majority of applicants as a normal initial evaluation or review of applications. It makes no sense to check anything resembling prereq fulfillment on several thousand applications when it will only matter for a few hundred pre-matriculants.
many UGs have combined labs with intro chem, bio, physics. Adcoms members will generally assume this when evaluating application

Reactions: 1 users