how is my chance and which dental school is the easiest one to get in ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tnguy100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got

oGPA: in CC = 3.65 in UC = 3.49
sGPA: should be around 3.3 or higher if counting CC

research: 3 years as a research assistant at hospital + co-authorship in 1 published study
also I am in Eco-Bio research program now ( easier work and a GPA booster)

exp of dental field by shahowing for 100+ hours

have been in pre-health club officer positions in few years + scholarship, blah blah

DAT : have not taken yet. will take at the end of July (good at PA tests)

which dental schools are easiest school to get in? I will need apply to all of them :( I dont think I will do well with my personal statement + interview.

Members don't see this ad.

there is no such thing as "easiest dental school" to get in. I can only tell you that you are a competitive applicant (just based on your GPA, but we can talk about more detail once you take DAT) but I could be wrong.

I saw several applicants including my friends with similar stats didn't get into any school. Anyway, my point is that GPA/DAT are just a big part of the picture being screened first, however, you need to make sure that you have a strong letter and a STRONG interview skill. One more thing, it's all about HOW BADLY you want it :) Adcomm definitely see that during the interview.

Good Luck.

Like they said above, your stats are good. Are you planning to apply this cycle?? July is late to be taking DAT if so. But, everyone you see does research, has about that GPA, etc. You need to set yourself apart from others by doing something different. Also, there is no "easy" dental school. It may be "easier" to get into an in-state school, if applicable. I recommend applying to all/any instate schools and any school that you would like to attend and your scores are inline/above their averages.

Members don't see this ad :)
which dental schools are easiest school to get in? I will need apply to all of them :( I dont think I will do well with my personal statement + interview.
That's odd... Have some confidence. Why won't you do well in the interview or personal statement?

there is no such thing as "easiest dental school" to get in. I can only tell you that you are a competitive applicant (just based on your GPA, but we can talk about more detail once you take DAT) but I could be wrong.

I saw several applicants including my friends with similar stats didn't get into any school. Anyway, my point is that GPA/DAT are just a big part of the picture being screened first, however, you need to make sure that you have a strong letter and a STRONG interview skill. One more thing, it's all about HOW BADLY you want it :) Adcomm definitely see that during the interview.

Good Luck.

That is so not true. The school in Puerto Rico is by far the least demanding that is ADA accredited. The question is if your willing to go there (me no, but some people really enjoy it) Check it out http://dental.rcm.upr.edu/

That is so not true. The school in Puerto Rico is by far the least demanding that is ADA accredited. The question is if your willing to go there (me no, but some people really enjoy it) Check it out http://dental.rcm.upr.edu/

The question is are you willing to learn Spanish and be able understand classes in Spanish. with just one year to learn? and be able to communicate in Spanish. So now its not really easy as you think it is huh i dont think so.

I'm going to disagree with what some people said and say that there are schools that are a lot easier to get into. A school with more seats will take more people (obviously) so that makes your chances a little higher. Also, since schools aren't ranked, people tend to choose less expensive schools. This means that expensive schools' waitlists will move quickly. Your stats definitely look competitive, but still, I would definitely apply to NYU and BU or some other big expensive schools.

PS: I'm not saying NYU and BU are bad schools, they're just easier to get into due to large size and high cost. Good luck!

I'm going to disagree with what some people said and say that there are schools that are a lot easier to get into. A school with more seats will take more people (obviously) so that makes your chances a little higher. Also, since schools aren't ranked, people tend to choose less expensive schools. This means that expensive schools' waitlists will move quickly. Your stats definitely look competitive, but still, I would definitely apply to NYU and BU or some other big expensive schools.

PS: I'm not saying NYU and BU are bad schools, they're just easier to get into due to large size and high cost. Good luck!

yeah although this is somewhat true, but not all the time.
Because people do know about these big expensive schools, they actually receive much larger applicants each year (compare oklahoma's 700 applicants to boston's 4000 applicants).
So, even though technically you have higher chance of getting into larger school due to more seats/higher tuition costs, but it still comes down to your application package and what sets you apart from 4000 other students (applied to NYU twice but did not get an interview from them both times but i did receive 7 total interviews so it all depends on your luck too and what school is looking for)

NYU w/ CC credits?

I got

oGPA: in CC = 3.65 in UC = 3.49
sGPA: should be around 3.3 or higher if counting CC

research: 3 years as a research assistant at hospital + co-authorship in 1 published study
also I am in Eco-Bio research program now ( easier work and a GPA booster)

exp of dental field by shahowing for 100+ hours

have been in pre-health club officer positions in few years + scholarship, blah blah

DAT : have not taken yet. will take at the end of July (good at PA tests)

your GPA is okay, make sure to do well on the DAT and be more confident in your ps and interviews.

Howard, Meharry, and PR are generally the easiest schools to get into (2008 Data: Howard - 3.08, 3.05(s), Meharry - 3.2, 3.1 (s))

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=602109

do u have to be a minority or disadvantaged to go to meharry or howard?

While yes it is the least demanding, they also rarely take out of state applicants they say. I spoke with the admission dean there. He mentioned that you need to be fluent in both languages. When I told him Spanish was my first language, that I was fluent and not to mention the fact I was speaking to him in Spanish he still said you need to have 12 units of Spanish courses.

I would be willing to go there! It is absolutely beautiful...

do u have to be a minority or disadvantaged to go to meharry or howard?
You don't have to be. In non-URM applicants they typically look for people who have shown some commitment to service. Howard and Meharry are looking to produce clinician who are likely to practice in undeserved areas once they graduate. At the very least they can produce clinicians who are underrepresented in the country. Howard has been known to be more open about accepting non-URMs than Meharry, you can take a look at the ADEA guide for the stats.

I kinda have to disagree with that fact. I applied to the BIGGER schools like the NYU, BU, Tufts blah blah blah...the only interview I received from those East coast schools is from NYU. So I wouldn't say those schools are easier to get in. What I am saying is...still apply to those schools but don't assume you'll probably get interviews there. Applying to schools REALLY is a shot in the dark unless you have amazing stats. You really don't know which shcools are willing to give you the time of the day even when your stats is right there with their average. So ya...good luck applying!!! Just give it all you got.

Last edited:
PR pretty much only take PR residents so unless you live there, your chances are low no matter how good you speak Spanish.

... your chances are low no matter how good you speak Spanish.

...Or how "good" you speak english. Haha, sorry, the irony was just too much...I couldn't resist! I'm not knocking you at all...the good/well thing is always messed up, but it's ironic to see it happen when speaking about language skills...I digress...

the easiest schools to get into are your state school, an expensive private school, or one that you have a connection to (family, yourself, etc.)

aside from those categories, all the other applications you send out are much lower percentages unless you have dominatory stats, in which case your question becomes a moot point.