In which states is it easier to get in a dental school? What about tuition affordability?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AspiringPsychiatrist

Reaction score
Hi I'm considering moving to a different state and doing a career changer post-bacc program while working part-time. In which states is it easier to get in a dental school? Financially speaking, tuition-wise, which states are worth moving to?

Are there any post-bacc programs with linkage programs that significantly increase the chance of getting in? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Texas schools will be generally cheaper if you don't mind living in Texas for a while to gain residency.
texas schools are not "easier to get in" though...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Texas schools will be generally cheaper if you don't mind living in Texas for a while to gain residency.
Texans would be a bit surprised to learn that their official residency is in a semi or a full fledged purgatory.
The idea of moving to another state for the sole purpose of attending a professional school sounds like an excellent or even a novel idea, assuming, of course, that adcoms at those state institution are, at best, pretty naïve.

Reactions: 1 users
Texans would be a bit surprised to learn that their official residency is in a semi or a full fledged purgatory.
The idea of moving to another state for the sole purpose of attending a professional school sounds like an excellent or even a novel idea, assuming, of course, that adcoms at those state institution are, at best, pretty naïve.
I don't know at public institutions, but adcom faculty in my experience are a bit more naive about this and leave this minutia to us admins. :)

texas schools are not "easier to get in" though...
star trek geek GIF by Alpha

I don't know at public institutions, but adcom faculty in my experience are a bit more naive about this and leave this minutia to us admins. :)
Oh Mr S, the stories we weave. One wonders about the company you are keeping/had kept.

Reactions: 1 user
We seem to be doing an excellent job playing the role of magicians and pulling states out of our hat.👍

Reactions: 1 user