How is NBDE part I curved?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentigerous

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a website that gives a breakdown chart of approximately how the final score for each section is curved? For example if I missed 10 or 20 in a section what final score does that equate to?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

if you get the old exams sold by asda, there's a chart that shows the scale given on that year's exam. I'm just wondering how consistent the scale is from year to year. Basically, you want to get about in the low 70s raw score to honor a section, besides dental anatomy, there's a much smaller curve on that section.

dentigerous said:
Is there a website that gives a breakdown chart of approximately how the final score for each section is curved? For example if I missed 10 or 20 in a section what final score does that equate to?

thanks

Hi all,

I'm writing on the 17th of July. Can you pls put me in the group? My email address is [email protected], I prefer if you can MSN me. I'm in India, so the replies might be a little late.

From the dental decks: I've done 3 reads of DAO, 2 reads of Micro/Patho, 1 read of Physio, and just finishing biochem. By the end of the month I plan on starting my past year papers. Anatomy I haven't touched. Let me know where all of you are, and what you're studying.

Thanks
Jess.