how is (NPTE) scored ?

Started by Hamdy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hamdy

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello I took April NPTE exam and I want to know the method for calculation . do they take the whole score of questions ? for example if I didn't answer for example all non system but I ANSWERED most of neuro and orthopedic I will be failed in non system and whole exam ? or the total score is the most important not to be less than 75 %
 
YES I DID

The NPTE is a calculated scaled score with a cut off score set. The cut off score varies from test to test depending on the difficulty level and how the testing pool performed. A 600 is considered the lowest score to be deemed entry level. So if you scored 150/200 or a 75% and the cut off score is 72% then you would expect to receive a score of anywhere between 630-650 which would be PASS.