How is organic chem on the MCAT this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dietsprite

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just wondering how organic chemistry has been on the MCATs this year... For those who have already taken the MCAT this year, was orgo stressed a lot, or was it mostly bio on the BS section? Has anyone encountered any difficult orgo questions or passages on the MCAT?

Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks!

-dietsprite

Members don't see this ad.

my kaplan instructor told me that they were toning down orgo this year and doing more molecular biology and genetics questions which is fine by me.

truth is, i barely reviewed orgo and it has rarely been a problem on practice exams... to be honest, organic chemistry is surprisingly intuitive and you can kind of guess the answers. i honestly can't really remember any actual reactions for the life of me, just some general rules and i do reasonably well on orgo in FL practices (only missing questions bc i don't know definitions or the nomenclature). i was pretty good at orgo though in college.

Some one my TPR instructors said they saw a lot of bio-chem related OChem. Not as many "Here's a reaction, answer these questions about it", but more, here's a biological molecule answer these questions about it's chemical properties.