how is the LSU program??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureidoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys.. had a quick question... sfmatch just posted a pgy-2 opening at lsu for this july... i wanted to find out what the program was like... i thought that it was closed down s/p katrina?? is that true?? and now that it is back up, wanted to get an idea of how strong a program it is, are the residents there happy, fellowship opportunities, etc?? basically, is it fully up and running after the hurricaine... i assume that it is since they are asking for a resident and all... but since i know nothing of the program, thought that i would find out... thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

The sf-match posted a spot for the LSU-Shreveport residency which is completely separate from the LSU-New Orleans residency... Both of which, incidentally, are fine status-post Katrina...

When I interveiwed at the LSU shreveport program last year I actually liked it. Very high volume and lots of surgical experience. The faculty seemed really cool. Shreveport was maybe not the ideal destination, but if you are looking to try and get in late to a program where u will get good training, I would check it out. Plus, cost of living in Shreveport was very cheap.
Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto about Shrevport - I spoke with a chief and only good things were said. There is a very high volume of surgeries, awesome faculty, and good camraderie (sp?). Overall, a good prog. if you can get past the location.

Shreveport grows on you, too. There's a lot more to do here than my interview impressions led me to believe.