How late can I submit my primary AMCAS application for my school's early decision program that is due August 1st?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tennis Guy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,
So, I'm wondering how late can I submit my primary AMCAS application for my school's early decision program that is due August 1st? I've heard that the application is sped up for early decision applicants? Thank you all so much for your time, insight, and assistance. It is greatly appreciated!!!!! ..... :)

Members don't see this ad.

You will be verified within an hour if you submit on a weekday

You will be verified within an hour if you submit on a weekday
I understand, and thank you so much for the information! So, do you believe it will be verified with that speed, until August the 1st? Can I be assured of that?

Members don't see this ad :)
I understand, and thank you so much for the information! So, do you believe it will be verified with that speed, until August the 1st? Can I be assured of that?
Yes, I know this for a fact as I did it the last week of July last year

Why would you take a chance. Nobody can guarantee anything. Assumptions can be made based on past experiences but nothing can be guaranteed. Especially by people on a message board.

Reactions: 1 users
Just like anything else in Medicine, the earlier the better.

Reactions: 1 user
Why would you take a chance. Nobody can guarantee anything. Assumptions can be made based on past experiences but nothing can be guaranteed. Especially by people on a message board.

Last edited:
It depends. Most recent ED I saw was about 4 hours after submittal, another was 8. They are all pretty much done within a day though. Sooner is obviously better (assuming the same quality of submission). Just realize that something outside your control may occur that prevents you from submitting on that last day - lose internet access, get in a car accident, etc.

Reactions: 1 user