How long after do college classes expire?

Started by Antsi3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Antsi3

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

So I always heard about college classes expiring after some time but I never knew what the time frame was. I was in a dual enrollment program during highschool (2010-2012) which I did take some pre reqs such as psych and stats. Would they still be valid as I'm currently applying for the programs? I received A's in those classes so I really hope I don't have to retake them.
I don't know if all schools are the same with that but i'm applying to a few in Florida.
 
Hey,

So I always heard about college classes expiring after some time but I never knew what the time frame was. I was in a dual enrollment program during highschool (2010-2012) which I did take some pre reqs such as psych and stats. Would they still be valid as I'm currently applying for the programs? I received A's in those classes so I really hope I don't have to retake them.
I don't know if all schools are the same with that but i'm applying to a few in Florida.
For bachelors, no rule unless a specific program has their own rule. For grad stuff I believe it's 7
 
Hey,

So I always heard about college classes expiring after some time but I never knew what the time frame was. I was in a dual enrollment program during highschool (2010-2012) which I did take some pre reqs such as psych and stats. Would they still be valid as I'm currently applying for the programs? I received A's in those classes so I really hope I don't have to retake them.
I don't know if all schools are the same with that but i'm applying to a few in Florida.


Depending on the school some say they expire in 5 years, some say 7 to 10 years. It all depends on the program. I just had to retake classes I had A's in because the expired and still got A's. It sucks because of the cost but the classes are still pretty easy haven taken before.