How long after submitting an application will someone contact you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chibipinkbunny

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So maybe someone has posted this before, but I couldn't find anything on it. . . Anyway, I was hoping someone out there would have experience with this. So I've applied to a few hospital pharmacy internships that had vacancies. How long until they usually contact you? If they don't like your application do they just never contact you? Is it appropriate to find out the person in charge of hiring, and give them a call asking about the status of your application. Anyway, I worked for Walgreens last summer, and that was an easy job to get. I was just wondering if anyone had some information on it. I think I'm a competitive candidate, but I don't know. . . I haven't applied for many jobs in my life 🙄
 
So maybe someone has posted this before, but I couldn't find anything on it. . . Anyway, I was hoping someone out there would have experience with this. So I've applied to a few hospital pharmacy internships that had vacancies. How long until they usually contact you? If they don't like your application do they just never contact you? Is it appropriate to find out the person in charge of hiring, and give them a call asking about the status of your application. Anyway, I worked for Walgreens last summer, and that was an easy job to get. I was just wondering if anyone had some information on it. I think I'm a competitive candidate, but I don't know. . . I haven't applied for many jobs in my life 🙄

They will contacy you in....Hmmmm....I am looking into my magic crystal ball.....hmmmm to fuzzy....wait, wait....there it is!!! They will contact you in approximatly...opps lost it sorry.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So maybe someone has posted this before, but I couldn't find anything on it. . . Anyway, I was hoping someone out there would have experience with this. So I've applied to a few hospital pharmacy internships that had vacancies. How long until they usually contact you? If they don't like your application do they just never contact you? Is it appropriate to find out the person in charge of hiring, and give them a call asking about the status of your application. Anyway, I worked for Walgreens last summer, and that was an easy job to get. I was just wondering if anyone had some information on it. I think I'm a competitive candidate, but I don't know. . . I haven't applied for many jobs in my life 🙄

If they are interested in you, they will contact you within the week from my experience. Also, I do not know about San Francisco, but where I live hospital internships are super competitive. I applied to many positions and I only got 2 interviews. The funny thing is that the hospital that does not have any name recognition turned me down yet one of the best hospitals in my area gave me an offer. Go figure... it's all luck and how you click with your interviewer.
 
If they are interested in you, they will contact you within the week from my experience. Also, I do not know about San Francisco, but where I live hospital internships are super competitive. I applied to many positions and I only got 2 interviews. The funny thing is that the hospital that does not have any name recognition turned me down yet one of the best hospitals in my area gave me an offer. Go figure... it's all luck and how you click with your interviewer.

Hmmm, the San Francisco area is fairly competitive now, and it seems like its much harder to find a job in Northern California this year. I work during the year teaching ballet so I didn't have a job already set up for me in the summer like last year. Its hard because there's pharmacy schools in the cities of Vallejo, San Francisco, Stockton, and Sacramento. They are very close together. My parents actually live near Stockton, and Sacramento, but I doubt I would be able to find a job there because students from UOP, and the pharmacy school in Sacramento are already working there. My dad actually has a friend who works in an independent pharmacy that said I could work there if I wanted. Anyway, yeah I guess I'll just have to wait and see 😉 I just heard from some friends that its helpful to contact the people in charge of hiring, but I wasn't sure.
 
Usually those jobs will be taken by the people inside or someone related to the people that work there. When I first applied for my hospital job. It took about 9 months of applying over and over again until I got it. I was the only one there that didn't know anyone. The rest of the students that worked with me were all related to the pharmacists there one way or the other or friends of family.
 
Usually those jobs will be taken by the people inside or someone related to the people that work there. When I first applied for my hospital job. It took about 9 months of applying over and over again until I got it. I was the only one there that didn't know anyone. The rest of the students that worked with me were all related to the pharmacists there one way or the other or friends of family.

Persistence pays off.