How long are the pharmacists' retail contracts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharmacist2

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I searched but could not find this, probably bc it's such a noob question, but as a prepharm student, I was wondering, how long are you chained to your retail store when you sign the contract (like when they come recruit seniors at pharmacy schools, how long is the contract)? I mean like the usual/general amount, as I know each store probably differs.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All the ones I've seen/received were either 1 year or 3 years, with the exception of a 5 year offer to Alaska (gag).
 
For NYC market, Duane Reade is 1 year "unwritten contract" without bonus. For CVS, 5k bonus for 1 year, and 25k for 2 year in "target markets" for their interns. For Walgreens, no sign on bonus but there is a 5k loan repayment scholarship for 1 year contract for their interns.
 
For NYC market, Duane Reade is 1 year "unwritten contract" without bonus. For CVS, 5k bonus for 1 year, and 25k for 2 year in "target markets" for their interns. For Walgreens, no sign on bonus but there is a 5k loan repayment scholarship for 1 year contract for their interns.

30k for 3 years here at walgreens