How long before programs respond?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darlene

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not want to jam the IM interview thread.

How long did it take from submitting your app did programs start getting back to you. If you don't mind posting what program and length of time that would be great. I applied 9/14. Anybody?

Members don't see this ad.

I did not want to jam the IM interview thread.

How long did it take from submitting your app did programs start getting back to you. If you don't mind posting what program and length of time that would be great. I applied 9/14. Anybody?

I submitted 9/2 and have only gotten 1 interview thus far. I applied to 30 of the programs in the "top tier". Revisiting this forum after med school applications has decidedly increased the level of frustration in my life.

I submitted 9/2 and have only gotten 1 interview thus far. I applied to 30 of the programs in the "top tier". Revisiting this forum after med school applications has decidedly increased the level of frustration in my life.

Really? I applied to 25, but just last week. I am getting an ulcer already. Oh boy. I might have to add more.

If the mods could move this thread to the IM forum that would be nice.

good luck pkboi:thumbup:

Do programs send out interview invites in the order they receive applications?

Do programs send out interview invites in the order they receive applications?

Yes. Coordinators and directors usually say that earlier is better, provided that you meet whatever criteria they set up (sometimes found on their website).

Specific dates of invite depend on the program and specialty. Many posters on the neuro forum already have a handful. So if your specialty has an invitations thread started, check the dates of invites; or if people haven't been putting them, request that they do so you can gauge things.

Also check your spam and trash folders: none of my invites have been filtered by gmail yet, but some of my friends' have.

Hope you get the offers you want soon.

Last edited:
ERAS should be shot.
And why is that? You'd rather have to pay for each USMLE transcript to be individually sent to each program? And have to complete a different application for each program with the same information on it? And have the whole thing done on paper so program coordinators routinely lose track of applications? And need to give each letter writer 20+ envelopes for each letter and wonder if they all got to where they were going -- or pay whatever the cost is for a return receipt for each of them?

Really?

And why is that? You'd rather have to pay for each USMLE transcript to be individually sent to each program? And have to complete a different application for each program with the same information on it? And have the whole thing done on paper so program coordinators routinely lose track of applications? And need to give each letter writer 20+ envelopes for each letter and wonder if they all got to where they were going -- or pay whatever the cost is for a return receipt for each of them?

Really?

Or perhaps Doctor4Life1769 would rather be an applicant back in the day when there was no Match-- when you applied to programs individually, and at the end of the interview day the program director would extend the offer and expect an answer on the spot. Back in the good old days when you really had no power to truly look at all of your options.

-AT.