How long did it REALLY take for the USMLE results to get there for you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BellKicker

Twisted Miler
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took the test 2,5 weeks ago. Have kept my cool so far but now I'm slowly losing sphincter control when I check my mail in the morning.

OK, so how long did it take for you?

At the test center they said 2 weeks (but up to 6 weeks and DON'T CALL US before 6 weeks). Then there is the actual traveling time for that little letter, which is about a week for me.

OK, so I broke down and tried that "trick" where you sign up for another test and they tell you that you already passed. Hmmm, for little old me it said "our records indicate that you're already signed up for a test". Now, that was bad news. Did anyone experience the same or did you all get the "......records indicate that you already passed".

AAAAAAARRRRH, I can't wait.

Finally, I'm starting to get super paranoid. Someone tell me I'm way off. They sent that questionnaire about the test center. I filled it out as HONEST as I could. For instance, I wrote that my ID was checked SOMETIMES when I re-entered the testing room. Was that amazingly stupid or what? I mean, I was the ONLY test taker that day; re-checking the same driver's license would have seemed so dumb (and they didn't check it).

And then..... The server went down during my test. This was in the second block. I have this cold sweat fear that all my first block qs are wiped out. That would bring a score from good to barely pass.

I'm a loser with no control of my sphincters; I know. I'm just of the nervous sort, and this USMLE stuff ain't helping.

Comments to any of the above would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Patience is a virtue my friend... it took me 6 weeks to get my score report back... it came in this little blue, very official-looking NBME envelope. Your's will come soon. And no, I don't think that what you filled in on that survey will in any way affect your score. Good luck with it!

Six weeks is about right. Patience, my friend, patience!

Thanks.

I guess I'll set my scope for 6 weeks, then. :)

In First Aid it says something like the waiting is worse than the studying. 2 months ago I would have laughed; now it's making a lot of sense.

Later.