How long did you Study for the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChubbyChaser

Yummmy
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Try to give a ball park figure for the number of hours.

Members don't see this ad.

I probably should have put this in Pre-Allo. If one of the Mods could move it that would be great!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
It tried to use my spring break as a week-long cramming session, and I thought that would be enough. Big mistake.

At least when I retake it, it will be computerized.

seriously guys, 450+ hours?

Don't you think that is a bit much. What is that, 3 months of 40 hours a week?

Who has that kind of time?

me... actually I studied much more than that... last time I took anything related to what's on the MCAT was almost a decade ago. I also work full time, so everything I studied was after work. And no, I'm not planning on repeating the courses. I did very well in them back then, and I'd like to keep it that way. Besides, I learn very well on my own.

That's why I said "does it matter?" in the beginning of this thread. You could have two people getting 30's although one studied for a year, and the other studied for a day. It depends how long ago you took the material, how you learn, how smart your studying is, and what you're aiming for. Someone saying that they studied an X amount of hours means absolutely nothing to me, because the hours studied are very relative.

hmm, that would probably make the "hours studied" a "state function" according to EK Gen Chem...:smuggrin:

:luck:

Someone saying that they studied an X amount of hours means absolutely nothing to me, because the hours studied are very relative.
That's what I keep telling people. Everybody's learning curve is different. It's just annoying how some pre-meds say to others "You only need x weeks/months" to study for the MCAT
iconrolleyescr1.gif

I certainly didn't 'have' that kind of time...but I sure as hell 'made' it. For me, I was on my last chance to prove that I belong here. I was willing to do whatever I had to, in order to prove to myself that I deserve to be in medical school. For me, there wasn't even a question in my mind that I would study 600+ hours. I worked part-time, sacrificed 4 months of my life, and just bared down and ****ing did it. And I was pleasantly rewarded. If you want it bad enough, you can find a way...