How long does it really take for the DAT scores to be verified?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmileItsLife

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all!

I took my DAT August 3 (I know that it's kind of late since I'm applying now). I wondered how long it usually takes for DAT scores to be sent to ADDSAS? I know some have said 3 weeks, but is that usually the case? If so, am I really late to the game? I scored okay, but I don't think I scored well enough for my score to remain unverified..... for this long

I'm just asking since my transcript was verified in 4 days; eventhough, I read everywhere that that usually takes 3-4 weeks too. Also do I have to do anything extra at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

*12 days to appear on ADA site then another 2 to post on my appication

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! Kinda was in the same scenario as you last year :happy: I took my DAT August 9th, and it was up on ADA like either the 21st or 22nd, but for sure it was on my application on August 23rd. I submitted August 24th, and like you, my app was verified in 3 business days (29th!).

3-4 weeks is what the instructions say, so it's better to keep that in mind (although it sometimes happens in ~2 weeks). Some people have yet to see their scores on their app, and it's been almost 3 weeks since they took it (here), so you never know.

As far as being late, I guess that will depend on your score and when it becomes official. Last cycle, I was still able to get 8 interview invites (2 pre-Dec, 6 post-Dec), of which I attended 4 and got into all four (one on Dec 1st-UCLA, the rest later on). On the other hand, there were some people with a 23 who had a few interviews but ended up with only 1 acceptance- I-hate-alginate comes to mind :p but there was another person that you can read about here: DAT in August?

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! Kinda was in the same scenario as you last year :happy: I took my DAT August 9th, and it was up on ADA like either the 21st or 22nd, but for sure it was on my application on August 23rd. I submitted August 24th, and like you, my app was verified in 3 business days (29th!).

3-4 weeks is what the instructions say, so it's better to keep that in mind (although it sometimes happens in ~2 weeks). Some people have yet to see their scores on their app, and it's been almost 3 weeks since they took it (here), so you never know.

As far as being late, I guess that will depend on your score and when it becomes official. Last cycle, I was still able to get 8 interview invites (2 pre-Dec, 6 post-Dec), of which I attended 4 and got into all four (one on Dec 1st-UCLA, the rest later on). On the other hand, there were some people with a 23 who had a few interviews but ended up with only 1 acceptance- I-hate-alginate comes to mind :p but there was another person that you can read about here: DAT in August?

Good luck!

I took my DAT on August 9th this year I was hoping to get at least a couple predec interviews. Mind sharing how many schools you applied to? so far ive finished my app to 18 schools.

I took my DAT on August 9th this year I was hoping to get at least a couple predec interviews. Mind sharing how many schools you applied to? so far ive finished my app to 18 schools.
Hey! I initially applied to about 13, but only ended up submitting secondaries to 12 (didn't have a comm service letter for ASDOH and didn't know this before I spent my $99 :(). I was only able to get 2 Pre-Dec 1st interview dates (USC & UCLA) which I attended, and on 12/1 I was accepted at UCLA but waitlisted at USC (acceptance came 5/10/18 lol). The remaining interviews came October through Jan/Feb, but all were for Post-Dec 1st dates. I attended 2 of these (LLU & WestU) and was accepted to both immediately after.

I only applied to so many schools because I was afraid I was late in the cycle, but looking back, I would've only applied to about 8-10 max with my stats.

Reactions: 2 users

Good luck!
I’m gonna find you artist... :rage:

Reactions: 1 user