How long does it take? Ordering Berkley Review books from their website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saoj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I buy all the books from their website, how long will it take for them to arrive? The SN2ed says something like 1-2 months !!! Impracticable ... :-(

Members don't see this ad.

More than a week at least, plus shipping is EXPENSIVE. Try Amazon or look on the SDN For Sale or Craig's list (if you're fortunate enough). Luckily, I found some barely used books for sale on Amazon with expedited shipping. :)

I ordered using a credit card and got my books within 10 days of when I sent out my order form. I'm in Ohio.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent out my order form on 01/17 using a credit card, got a shipping confirmation on 01/20. Should be getting my books tomorrow ! (ps. I only ordered the physics set)

More than a week at least, plus shipping is EXPENSIVE. Try Amazon or look on the SDN For Sale or Craig's list (if you're fortunate enough). Luckily, I found some barely used books for sale on Amazon with expedited shipping. :)

The extra cost from TBR directly is worth the peace of mind.

Took them 7 days, 5 business days, to mail me mine.

Def. order them all at once, lol. Don't do what I did and order one at a time, or you'll be spending and extra 2 weeks on bio :)

I got mine a week to a week and a half later, surprisingly. I thought they'd take longer. I used my debit card to purchase them.

The Berkeley Review takes ages to ship the books. They would probably sell more books and make more money if they offered the use of a service like PayPal.

I made the mistake of paying with a personal check, because I didn't want to write all my credit card info on an order form that was going to go across the country in the mail. I think it took about 25 days from the date I ordered to receive my books. I also picked the cheaper shipping option.

I was expecting the worst based on others' experiences, but I've been pleasantly surprised by the fact that only 1 week passed between me dropping the order form/money order in the mail and them handing the books off to FedEx. With FedEx transit time, it will be about 2 weeks total and I'm on the opposite side of the country. That said, it is a bit perplexing how resistant they are to implementing a 21st century-appropriate ordering system...

It takes longer if you use a check. Best option is to mail a money order or cashier's check via priority shipping. I got the books within 2 weeks.

I got my Books today!

I mailed out the order form on 02/03.

LESS than a week! crazy faster than I expected.

i just ordered mine. I live in Mississippi, so It will probably take a week to get to Berkeley. 3-4 days for them to process. And a week to get to me :(:(.