How long does it take to go through EK 1001's?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr Dazzle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

Planning to use 1001's after main review. How dense are these books and how long would it take to get through them?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Know that not everyone is satisfied with the material in the EK 1001s. I've heard good things about physics EK 1001, but that's it.

The 1001s author advises the user to do every 5th question, that way the user gets to touch on different question areas. If you find yourself getting all the questions in a certain area right (i.e motion problems), then you're probably good to move on from there. But if you're getting a lot wrong (i.e in the fluids section) then that's probably a clue that you need to review the material, review the questions, and spend more time doing more questions in that section until you feel comfortable and confident to move on.

Reactions: 1 user
The books are NOT dense. It's easy to cover a few chapters in a day, for sure. They are NOWHERE near as dense as TBR.

The 1001 series is good for nailing down what concept you are missing, but stick to TBR for passages.

The books are NOT dense. It's easy to cover a few chapters in a day, for sure. They are NOWHERE near as dense as TBR.

The 1001 series is good for nailing down what concept you are missing, but stick to TBR for passages.

Hi MDminded. What would you recommend if I simply have no time to order and wait for BR books? I'm going to take a bunch of Kaplan and AAMC exams, so that's a start. As far as passages goes, I feel like it's so hard to get a book with good passages. BR are hard to get, so I tried looking for TPR Hyperlearning Science, but that seems equally as hard.

Would you recommend EK 1001 for Bio passages atleast? Also, if I do come across a TPR Hyperscience book, do you know what approximate fair value is on it? I can't seem to find a price and I don't want to get ripped off if I do find it.

:( Why is BR so stupid with their order system?

Members don't see this ad :)
Know that not everyone is satisfied with the material in the EK 1001s. I've heard good things about physics EK 1001, but that's it.

The 1001s author advises the user to do every 5th question, that way the user gets to touch on different question areas. If you find yourself getting all the questions in a certain area right (i.e motion problems), then you're probably good to move on from there. But if you're getting a lot wrong (i.e in the fluids section) then that's probably a clue that you need to review the material, review the questions, and spend more time doing more questions in that section until you feel comfortable and confident to move on.

I agree 100% with this....when I looked at this review set, I found that a lot of the questions were the same topic for 2-4 questions in a row. So, it is kind of a waste of time to go through EVERY question in the set (even though it may be a confidence booster). I would recommend doing 1 every 3-4 questions....and then slowing it down to every question for the ones you're getting wrong. Also remember that it is important to practice passage based questions in addition to the standalone that 1001 helps out with.

....I would also recommend you follow-up with content review on any of the sections you find yourself getting a few wrong in a row.

I agree 100% with this....when I looked at this review set, I found that a lot of the questions were the same topic for 2-4 questions in a row. So, it is kind of a waste of time to go through EVERY question in the set (even though it may be a confidence booster). I would recommend doing 1 every 3-4 questions....and then slowing it down to every question for the ones you're getting wrong. Also remember that it is important to practice passage based questions in addition to the standalone that 1001 helps out with.

....I would also recommend you follow-up with content review on any of the sections you find yourself getting a few wrong in a row.

This is what I have been doing, and would really recommend it. Questions are usually in "sets" ie- the same topic or type of question is repeated 2-4 times. I found that doing every third question is good and doesn't take too long.

If I miss a question in the 1001's, I'll do the next one to see if I got the concept that the previous question was testing, if so, then i continue with every third.

I did this before I worked the passages from TBR. I found this very helpful because the 1001 questions really help you nail down the basics needed to succeed in answering passage based questions. This way, you're not "wasting" several passages in TBR learning basics that would have been covered in the EK 1001's.