How long does it take you to get through 1 or 2 chapters of MCAT prep?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shur711

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been using the Princeton Review textbooks and just wondering how much everyone else reads per day to study and how long it takes them to read a chapter (~30 to 40 pages) or 2 chapters (~60 to 80 pages).

Members don't see this ad.

I used EK (mostly). Depends on the chapter, but I was usually able to do 1-2 chapters a day and corresponding questions. I devoted a bit of time as well to covering what I did the day before as well

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I used a good mix of TBR and EK for content review and I typically did one chapter a day. I'd spend 2-3 hours reading and then devote the rest of my day to doing problems. It took me almost exactly 2 months to finish, with 4 days dedicated to content and 2 days dedicated to FL's every week.

I used a good mix of TBR and EK for content review and I typically did one chapter a day. I'd spend 2-3 hours reading and then devote the rest of my day to doing problems. It took me almost exactly 2 months to finish, with 4 days dedicated to content and 2 days dedicated to FL's every week.

How did you split your content between TBR and EK? Currently im using both but I'm struggling to figure the best way to do this without being too content reading heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How did you split your content between TBR and EK? Currently im using both but I'm struggling to figure the best way to do this without being too content reading heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I used TBR for gen chem (books 1 and 2), physics (mechanics in book 1), and biochem (their bio 2 book). I used EK for second semester physics (fluids, light/optics, electromagnetism/circuits, sound/waves), ochem (2 chapters in their chem book), lab techniques (last chapter in their biomolecules book), physio (their bio 2 book), and for P/S I opted for Princeton and Khan academy. I didn't particularly like TBR's biochem book, but I used the old books. If you're looking for a decent biochem book, I'd recommend Kaplan.

Tbh, you could use EK for everything except P/S and biochem. Personally I didn't like EK's gen chem stuff since I took chem years ago and I felt lost while reading it, but it might be fine for you. TBR's gen chem book will hold your hand through the process. Mechanics isn't really that important either, so you could just read EK's chapters.