How long does it take!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikeaparker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my online Acomas App.. on 8/3/01.
My transcripts were in atleast a week before my application, and Payment was in a day before my application....

Still not done... They said that It is in the process of verification now, and will be sent out with the next cycle in a week or two..

Does this seem normal???

It really gets me that they act so nonchalant about it and this is one of the most important apps. of our life!

They told me yesterday that they didn't even have my transcripts.. then they said hold on, and told me that they were working on it right then........ AAArrrrgghhhhhh

Mike

:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I know it's hard, but you have to be patient! It hasn't even been six weeks yet, so if your app. is almost done, that's record time (even if they're working on it, it's good). Most of us that submitted at the beginning of June didn't start getting secondaries until the end of July (almost two months). So, I know it's hard but relax.

You can always search this site for secondary questions of the schools that you are interested in...that will help you get a head start. Other than that, don't worry, they're coming.... there's a lot of waiting in this process. I'm anxiously awaiting my interview dates, which can't get here fast enough. Best of luck. :)

I submitted on July 13th. I called a week ago and was told to be patient, it would be done "soon"!

Members don't see this ad :)
you know what pisses me off, is that i submitted 8/10, and my school didn't send off my transcripts untill 2 weeks later. i just got an email that they got everything on 8/27 and i should wait about 4-6 weeks to be processed. :mad: :mad:

John, I see eye to eye... I really don't understand the inefficiency of the application services and the MCAT people as well....

Every time I call I speak with the same person and never wait on hold.... at ACOMAS, however, they sat on my app for 4 weeks, when everything was in and up to date.....

Sorry more venting...

The MCAT people have just now started looking into a computer based exam, which would speed up the process of grading. When most if not all of other entrance exams and/or licensing exams are now computerized. You would think that these "medical" people would be on the cutting edge in all aspects of medical education, devices, surgery etc..... But no, we still have to write for an exam manually.....

From what I've read on their site, if and when they go to a computer based exam, they will still keep the essays and try to have them graded automatically by a computer....
What a crock... Like AI can get the gist of an essay and grade it on quality and content objectively... Give me a break...

OK I'm done venting......

Thanks... that's much better now..!!!!!

mike