How Long for AADSAS LOR E-submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Simple Jack

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I was just wondering how long, after you submit, it takes AADSAS to send that email to your letter writers for e-submission. I don't want to hound anybody if they haven't even received their instructions yet. Plus one of my Profs. wants a hard date.

Thanks everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it is almost instantaneous. Last year I entered the information for my LOR the day AADSAS opened. I emailed my professors to make sure they received the instructions from AADSAS and they received it that day.

I think it is almost instantaneous. Last year I entered the information for my LOR the day AADSAS opened. I emailed my professors to make sure they received the instructions from AADSAS and they received it that day.

thank you!!! that is great news!

Members don't see this ad :)
You don't have to submit the entire application to have the request send out. In the recommendation letter section, you add your evaluator information and then have two options, either paper request or electronic. For electronic, there is a button you click on to send a request to their email and it sends it instantly.

that's even cooler, nice feature, thanks for the heads-up Panther

I hit "submit" to the entire AADSAS application when everything was included in my application. Otherwise, if you hit submit before having all the recommendation letters submitted to AADSAS, the application would be sent to schools without the letters, and when the letters are submitted they will be sent in another later batch.

How do they know the email you provided is a legit email and not like....your friend's email?

How do they know the email you provided is a legit email and not like....your friend's email?

You provide an e-mail to AADSAS, and they will e-mail instructions to your evaluator. These instructions ask them to provide contact information, and schools can verify that the information is accurate. Any discrepancies=red flags=BIG problems for you.