How long is your rank list?

Started by curius
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

curius

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I was just wondering how long neuro rank lists usually are? I think I'll probably rank about 7-9. What about you guys?
 
I am ranking everywhere that I interviewed at - all 12. Would rather match at my least favorite than be unmatched and have to "scramble"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure, guys. I don't think I'm going to rank any place I didn't like because I know I would be unhappy. But at the bottom of my list are some "safety programs" which I think (hoping) I wouldn't have trouble matching into. The advice I've gotten is don't rank anywhere you wouldn't want to go. Any thoughts?
 
I actually liked everywhere I interviewed. Few surprises from my pre-interview research.
The only change was a few going up or down the list.
 
I agree about not ranking anywhere you wouldn't want to go. But how bad do you not want to go? Is it worth not matching at all and risking a scramble?
You just have to weigh that possibility with how much you don't like it. 😳
 
Being an IMG, I can't afford to take chances of not ranking any program. Hence I plan to rank all the places where I have interviewed (eight of them).
 
Finished rank list. Interviewed at 13 neurology programs, ranking 13. Basically have top tier and 'safety tier'. Very excited/anxious about what will happen guys! Good luck!
 
Interviewed at 9, ranking all 9. Just curious, are people anticipating doing their internship wherever they match? About half the programs I looked at guaranteed their intern year if you match for neuro, most of the rest gave some kind of assistance/preference/limited # of spots, and 1 program you were completely on your own. I'm hoping to do all 4 years at the same place.