How long should I study for MCAT after the prep course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yuki98

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I start Princeton Review classes tomorrow...or rather in a few hours at 9am...

I've heard from a friend who took the Princeton Review course that he allowed himself another 2 weeks to get some studying in before he took the test.

Originally I thought the material would be fresh in my mind & I would just take the test 2 days after the prep course....but now I'm considering rescheduling the test date & paying the fee (or perhaps I won't have a fee to pay if I just cancel it & then sign up for another date since I'm in the Fee Assistance Program?)

What do you guys think? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

There is no single answer to your question. Take the test when you feel you are ready. A good measure of your readiness are your practice exam scores. If you are getting your desired score on AAMCs TODAY, don't even need the class..

Hope it helps

I have been deliberating the samething. Personally, I would take the extra 2 weeks to study before the exam just so I don't have anything left to blame after the exam.

Thanks for replying!

I think I will just take the Princeton Review & then see how prepared I feel closer to test day. If anything, by then I'll just pay a fee to reschedule the test...or cancel it & then sign up for another date.