1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

How long to get COMLEX II scores?

Discussion in 'Step II' started by UnderGrad, Dec 11, 2005.

1. UnderGrad

UnderGrad Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

How long has the NBOME been taking to get COMLEX Step II scores out? I took mine in early November.

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm in the same wait as you, as you know. The NBOME website says that it should get down to 4 weeks, but we're past that already. Looks like the Oct scores came out after about 5 weeks.

4. Flea girl

Flea girl Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    The scores are released for the nov 9th test date. Just got mine. Passed. That is all I wanted!!!

5. Idiopathic

Idiopathic Newly Minted
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    603/89

Studied for about 12 days. Did about 1100 questions. Skimmed through B&W.

VERY pleased, but it was considerably lower than Step I.

6. DrMom

Attending Physician
    The standard deviation is different on step 2, right? I passed quite safely, but I'm trying to figure it out in comparison to my step 1 2-digit score (the non-percentile one).

I'm definitely pleased. :) If only they could get the PE scores now. *sigh*

7. Idiopathic

Idiopathic Newly Minted

Attending Physician
    Its the same for I,II,III according to the NBOME site

8. DrMom

Attending Physician
    I thought that they listed it as the same across exams for the 3 digit, but different standard deviations for the 2 digit. They can't be the same overall b/c my 3 digit & 2 digit scores changed in different directions. :confused: I think I did a little worse on step 2 than step 1, but my 2 digit score is higher.

9. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I wonder why the website doesn't list in the news section the November 9th date score release. I got so tired of checking I stopped and just read the bullentin every day. Anyone know how long they have been out?

My Step 2 score was the exact same as my Step 1 score, right in meaty part of the bell curve. Funny considering I studied about twenty times less. I was so freaked out that I might have failed. Now I'm freaked out that they're actually gonna let me be a doctor. Boy do I feel like I have a lot to learn before July 1st.

10. Idiopathic

Idiopathic Newly Minted

Attending Physician
    To you, doubter.

edit: after posting this, I see the discrepancy. The SD when we took Step I was 79, right? Now it is 100. However, the 2-digit SD is still around the same.

Im curious if that weakens the relative strength of a 700, per se, on Step I from this year on? Last year, 740 would have been 3 SD above the mean, but this year it is only 2.4?

11. DrMom

Attending Physician
    actually, this is the part I was looking at:

Am I making this too hard? Maybe I'm just confusing myself. I just don't see how I can compare step 1 & 2 scores as they're reported...especially the 2-digit scores, since they're scaled differently.

12. Ice-1

Ice-1 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey guys, I'm going to take it in a couple of weeks. So please answer- are the scores now reported in two digits or three or both? When I took 1, the max score was 800 and pass was 400, are you saying that this is the same or now different? How did you find out your scores, were you given a code and then able to look it up on an internet site or did you receive the scores in the mail or both? Did you have to take any aditional steps to release the scores on ERAS or is the score automatically released if you released the scores on 1? Thanks for the info!

13. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm not sure about the interpretation of the scores so I'll leave that to those more interested. You do get a 3 digit and 2 digit score but I'm not sure how they compare to Step 1. Mine were almost the same. 400 is still a passing 3 digit score and 75 is the passing 2 digit score. The two digit score is no longer a percentile. You can access all your NBOME scores online at nbome.org. You create an account user id and password when you register and they'll give you a record of all recorded scores as well as scheduled exams. You have to re-release your COMLEX 2 scores through ERAS. To the best of my understanding ERAS does not have the same re-transmit option for the COMLEX as they do for USMLE. At least I didn't see anything of that nature on the ERAS app and my school recently sent out an email telling us we had to re-release our COMLEX results ourselves it we wanted our residency programs to see them.

14. Sugar72

Sugar72 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Today - before i read this post I went into eras and clicked on a button that said retransmit comlex transcript in the documents section. There is nothing in the uploaded document file yet (like happened when I retransmited my USMLE scores). What do we have to do to retransmit the COMLEX transcripts? Evidently my school does not keep us as informed as yours does! Or I totally ignore my school (more likely!)

15. Idiopathic

Idiopathic Newly Minted

Attending Physician
    It takes a few days to get your scores into your ERAS file, if this is what you are asking. It isnt an instantaneous process, I dont think.

16. Sugar72

Sugar72 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    yeah dude. It took a couple of days - but it worked. Plinko freaked me out with his post. I thought he was saying we had to do something different to get our scores out. I just wanted to make sure my ck scores went out before my PE scores posted....just in case! They have now!

17. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sorry I freaked you out dude. I was just passing along the info from my registrar's email. I just did so so on COMLEX Step 2 so I'm waiting for match day to release my results. I really didn't look into the issue that much on account of my Step 2 score not being all that relevant to my app. Sorry if I lead you astray.