how long until i can expect secondary applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bschwen1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in my primary application to AACOMASa few days ago. they have recieved my transcripts. How long can expect to wait until i get secondary applications to the schools I applied to?

Members don't see this ad.

bschwen1 said:
I sent in my primary application to AACOMASa few days ago. they have recieved my transcripts. How long can expect to wait until i get secondary applications to the schools I applied to?

It depends on each school. Most of them take about 2-4 weeks. Good luck.

Speaking of secondaries...will we get them as long as our stats fit a certain criteria or can we still be rejected at that point?

Members don't see this ad :)
BradenDO said:
Speaking of secondaries...will we get them as long as our stats fit a certain criteria or can we still be rejected at that point?

I'm not sure, but I think as long as your app fits a certain criteria.

BradenDO said:

i think now a days most schools send secondaries as they want the mon-eh... and then they reject the unworthy :(

bschwen1 said:

first you have to wait until your transcript is verified. then your applications will be mailed. after that i guess 2-4 weeks until you get your secondaries...

I had this exact question about a week ago and did a search of the forums from last years admissions cycle. The general impression I got from posts in June 2005 was that secondaries started rolling in around the last week of June. Mind you, secondary receipt depends upon when AACOMAS actually transmits our applications to each school, which according to them should be sometime this week (first batch). The second criterion is when schools actually bother to look at applications, which varies greatly from school to school. Realistically, don't get your hopes up soon. A practical expectation would be the first week of July.

BradenDO said:
For certain DO schools, there a minimum cut off point. However, the Dean of Admissions reserves the right to overule decisions.