How long until schools contact me after I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RTthefuturePT

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I just submitted my first two applications about a week ago (Drexel and Jefferson) and I haven't heard from either school that they are reviewing my application. Both apps have been verified by PTCAS so I'm assuming the schools do have them, perhaps I just haven't heard anything because volume is starting to pick up? Should it even be expected that the schools will let me know they are looking at my application? If yes, about how long on average does it take? Thanks!
 
It may take a while depending on the # of applicants and possibly if Covid is playing some sort of effect. I applied to multiple schools who do rolling admissions around mid July and i haven't heard back from either.