How many August MCATer's have been accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kinkocopies3

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you are an August MCATer and you have been accepted, can you include your stats?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Took the August MCAT and got into few schools and 2 Cali schools.
Stats aren't super great but average: 30Q and 3.7

3.5, 32Q got rejected from one school post interview and accepted to 6, none are top 20

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied: 10
Accepted: 6
Rejected: 2
Withdrew: 2

MCAT: 28
GPA: 3.5

Applied: 10
Accepted: 3
rejected: 7

Two of them are top 25. Also interviewing for full scholarship at state school.

GPA: 3.98
MCAT: 33M

3.9 35

accepted: Creighton, Boston,
waitlist: Wake Forest

Rejected: Everywhere else

34R. 3.65. crappy undergrad school. Average EC stuff.

Rejected: UPenn, U of Chi
Assuming I'm rejected (no word post sec): UPitt, Jeff, Drexel (??)
Waitlisted: Northwestern, Loyola
Waiting Post Interview: Chicago Med School
Accepted: Temple

applied: 20
interviewed: 4
accepted:4

30P Mcat n' 3.79 sci gpa

applied: 18
interviewed: 6
declined interviews: 3
accepted: 3
waitlist: 1

36Q, 3.8

august mcat...applied 10, interviewed 4, accepted to two, waiting on 1...never heard from 2 post secondary...PM me if you need stats or specifics

it is possible to do fine in the application process if you take the August MCAT but it is a pain in the ass because you end up waiting so much longer than everyone else and you definitely miss out on some places you would have been accepted to had you applied earlier...acceptances are not crude probabilities but probabilities that shift temporally depending on when you enter the cycle.

Applied: 16
Interview Offers: 8
Declined Interview: 1
Rejected: 6
Acceptances: 3 (Northwestern, Iowa, MCOW)
Waitlist: 2 (UMICH, Vandy)
Still Waiting: 5

35P, 3.9 state school

Applied: 5
Interviews: 3
Waiting post-interview: 2
Accepted: 1 (Hopkins)

MCAT: 33Q
GPA: 3.8 overall

36Q and 3.59

accepted: 2
declined interview: 2
rejected pre-interview: 2
heard nothing yet: 1

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm looking at some of the numbers on here and is this year a lot harder to get in than previous years cause I would have expected you guys to get into more schools with your numbers.

I guess it's a hard question to answer since few people have gone through this cycle and a previous one.

Yes...Thats what I was thinking...Do you have to have a considerably high MCAT score and GPA if you want to stand a chance taking the August MCAT? Scores and GPA both seem to be pretty high.

it certainly helps...there is no way around the probalistic fact that you will be at a disadvantage temporally - i don't think i would have gotten in during this cycle if it wasn't for my high MCAT score

2nd time August mcater.

My stats are 3.84 gpa. Good undergrad public school. 31 MCAT. Standard EC's

Applied: 11
interviewed: 6
withdrew: 1
Accepted: 1 so far (St Louis)
waitlist: 1 (wake forest)

Yes, it hurts..but not so much if you have good stats. Waiting sucks as I still go through it.

28Q, 3.75

Applied: 15
Interviews: 6
declined: 2
rejections: 7
pre-interview hold: 1
acceptances: 2 (maryland, loyola)

waiting: 3

I don't think it's harder than previous years. I definitely have a distinct weakness in that I have absolutely no clinical experience. All my volunteering was non-medical. I was pretty much told by several schools that it was the reason I didn't get an interview. I also dragged ass getting everything done. One LOR didn't get sent until the 1st of December.

You are at disadvantage, but you can help yourself out by getting absolutely everything done as quickly as possible. Get AMCAS as soon as you can and then fire secondaries back at 'em ASAP. High numbers do help, but schools absolutely look at the whole package.

I'm lucky Emory graced me with an acceptance.

Good luck on the MCAT and the entire frickin' process. The waiting is definitely the hardest part.

Applied: 12 (withdrew app from 6 schools due to tuition cost)
Accepted: 3 (1 DO, 1 state, 1 private)
Waitlisted : 1

3.9 GPA from state school
average MCAT, not spectacular though

I don't think I was at a huge disadvantage with the August MCAT. I just had to get those secondaries out fast. Most secondaries were completed BEFORE MCAT scores came out. No big deal.

Originally posted by zinjanthropus
the probalistic fact that you will be at a disadvantage temporally

That's one way to put it!:laugh:

30 O 3.98 GPA

Applied: 5
Interviews: 3
Rejected: 2
accepted: 1

it has to be the august mcat, right?

GPA 3.96, MCAT 33Q, 2 years of clin research experience, 2+ years at nih. other volunteer stuff, thought i was a solid applicant. got the 2ndaries in as soon as humanly possible.

applied: 9
rejected w/no interview: 3 (BU, Tufts, HMS)
waitlist: 3 (Columbia, GW, Hopkins)
still waiting: 3 (Gtown, OHSU, UMD)

ugh.

i am glad to see that some of you other august mcat'ers are getting acceptances. hopefully i can join your ranks soon. do _NOT_ want to go through this torture again!
good luck!

3.92, 35N August MCATer

Applied: 20
Interview Invites: 14
Interviews I went to: 10
Accepted: 4
Post interview Rejections: 1
Post interview Waitlists: 3
Withdrew before decision: 2