1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

how many away rotations?

Discussion in 'Orthopaedic Surgery' started by dontstuddy, Feb 25, 2007.

1. dontstuddy

dontstuddy Member
    7+ Year Member

I'm trying to figure out how many away rotations I will do next year. I will rotate at my home institution and at least one away, but if I do a second ortho away my school takes away our 4 weeks of vacation that we are supposed to use for step 2 and for interviewing. Also trying to get back west (OR,WA,CA,CO,AZ,UT,NM) from a school in the NE and I am probably an average ortho applicant, decent boards and grades with some research experience. So how important is doing a second away?

2. PediBoneDoc

2+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i am not sure what you situation is ... you really have to asses yourself as an applicant ... if you are trying to go back west, i would choose one area .... an rotate at a program you feel your are a good applicant for ...

for us, we are more likely to rank you high if we know you .... that being said, if you have a bad rotation, forget about it ...

so, rotate else where and rock it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...