how many chapters a day do you guys finish when studying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScarletKnight24

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am studying for bio right now for like 8-9 hours a day (plus eating, going to br, etc) but I can't seem to finish more than 2 chapters a day. I always go on youtube and other sites to help me understand the concepts better.

Any suggestion that will make my studying time more efficient? I feel like I am taking forever finishing for bio(I have spent almost 2 weeks but still have a couple of chapters left in cliff. I haven't even touched kbb or destroyer).

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It used to take me about five hours to go through one chapter in Cliff because i tried to write down everything on my notes... I realized it was taking up too much time so i stopped taking notes from Cliff and used the ones that I found online instead. You should try to study one chapter of Cliff and KBB per day, yes I know that ppl hate KBB around here but if ur like me who didnt take any physiology or anatomy course, KBB is actually pretty good; their endocrinology section is pretty awesome. Their skeletal system section is pretty good too since Cliff doesnt really go over that at all. Destroyer is ok, seems way too specific to me though.

If you havent already, sign up for DAT qVault. Their bio section is amazing. Their genchem, orgo, and QR are not as great imho, Destroyer is so much better for those sections...

Hey thanks for the advice. I am planning on buying those practice tests 2-3 weeks before my actual test date.

For the bio notes online do you use Anki's notes from bangity and alan's notes?

Members don't see this ad :)
Alan's notes are awesome. After I finished Cliff's I went through Alan's and made a notebook of things I wasn't too comfortable with on Alan's and then read up about that topic back on Cliff's and Googled it as well. DATQVault was really great too. Definitely don't rush through Bio! I know it really sucks sometimes because it can get really boring... but it will pay off!

So do your think the qvault for GC, OC and Qr are not like the DAT? Like are they similiar or just way off because I too dont know whether to purchase the chem sections. I have done destroyer once and kicked my a**!!! So I am focusing going over chads quizzes right now before I go through destroyer 2nd time around. However, my test is Aug. 11. I am trying to now work on Bio and PAT oh and QR.

I ended up purchasing the chem and QR sections on QVault as well. I think they are a great source for practicing, especially since they are on the computer and really convenient. I believe that Chad is much more worthwhile for the chems though! The QR on QVault isn't bad, I think CrackDAT MATH is more representative of the real exam.