Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

how many colleges do you report for your pre-req?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by ZoriBor, Dec 29, 2008.

1. ZoriBor

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i am taking my pre-req classes at a number of (3 different) community colleges. i took gen chem 1 in one college and got a c in it (it was during my first trimester of pregnancy and many other factors caused a bad grade.) it has been a year since that class and i am going back to antoher community college to continue taking my pre-req classes and i am thinking of retaking that gen chem class for better undrestanding the subject. i will not take any more classes in the first college where i got a C. do i need to report that college on my addsas app? will they find out if i don't? any suggestions?:cool:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DentalRocks09

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    ya definitely report it no matter wat..they will find out one way or another when they do a cross check..my friend tried that for a class he had taken at another school..he never reported i..found out and terminated his offer for acceptance..so btm line is make sure u tell them everything or else it will come back to bite u at the end:)..o and 1 more thing...a C is not really going to hurt u at all..i have a number of them myself..u will be fine, dont stress about that..just try to do ur best and do well on the DAts and ull be good

4. ZoriBor

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thanks for the info. do they then take the average of my grades for that class?

5. DROCKINDAHOUSE

DROCKINDAHOUSE UTHSCSA c/o 2013
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Not to my understanding. I believe that it will be your most recent grade that will count. At some point though, you will have to transfer into a university.

6. Act0fgod

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    So AADSAS specifically says to submit all college work. I went to GA Tech for a year and then transferred to a military service academy where they require four years of attendance and no transfer credit. When I decided I was going to transfer I stopped going to classes and ended up with 2 C's. I did retake the clases because I had to and received higher grades.

I didn't submit the GA Tech transcript but then when AADSAS was reviewing it was returned to me and a message stating I needed to submit all college coursework. They found out because my transcript indicates I went to GA Tech for a year.

7. chober

5+ Year Member

Podiatry Student
    I wish, I could leave out my first 5 years of college...it would leave me with a 3.84 instead of 2.99

8. DiNoZeRo2o9

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    If I left everything except my last year of college, it would leave me with a 3.75 instead of a 2.6-2.7ish a well.

To OP: I reported three schools (2 CC, 1 4-year)

Report EVERY school you attend....a C isn't that bad....i quite a few of my grades as some form of a C (+,-) my first two years of college.

#7 DiNoZeRo2o9, Dec 29, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  9. ZoriBor

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thanks everyone for guidance. will do. have a wonderful new year and may your dental dream come true in 2009.:D