How many credit hours ........?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mamona

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the past 3 semesters my credit hours have been 16, 17 and 16, respectively. On the spring semester 2008 I will take only 10 credit hours because I am going to prepare for the DAT. The three classes are all science related (embryology, quantitative biological methods, and genetics).
I am just concern that my credit hours for this semester wouldn't look good and preparation for DAT is not a good excuse to have less than 12 hour credit hours?
:confused::confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I think you will be just fine. I had a semster when I got married and only took about 10 credits, and another semester where I had a few credits because I dropped some from getting really sick. I don't think schools care unless you perform bad.

In fact I think that you'll be wise to do that so you can perform well on the DAT. The more prep you do now the better off you'll be next year. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are REALLY worried, is there a way you could take an easy class like Jogging, conditioning, weightlifting? I dont know if your school offers these, but here they are like 2 credits and graded almost entirely by attendance/participation. Just a thought!:oops:

For the past 3 semesters my credit hours have been 16, 17 and 16, respectively. On the spring semester 2008 I will take only 10 credit hours because I am going to prepare for the DAT. The three classes are all science related (embryology, quantitative biological methods, and genetics).
I am just concern that my credit hours for this semester wouldn't look good and preparation for DAT is not a good excuse to have less than 12 hour credit hours?
:confused::confused:

don't worry about it. you have other semesters of 15+ credits that show what you can do. one semester shouldn't hurt. now if you had all semesters of 10-12 credits, that might raise some red flags. just be prepared to explain it in an interview because it might come up.

Well I started my college education with low credit hours because I had a full time job and had economic problems (I wasn't able to have financial aid, at that time).
My first two semester I had only 6 credit hours after that I have 11, 14, 10(summer), 16, 17, and 16.