how many credits will you have when you apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katarina90

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, because I realized that I'll have to submit my AACOMAS primary application before my spring term ends.

I will be able to finish my degree before matriculating fall 2010 and everything, and all prereqs except Organic II will be completed after spring 2009 semester ends (organic II over summer 09).

How many credits will you guys have when you submit your primary (or if you already have, how many did you have)?

Members don't see this ad.

As of right now it looks like I will have around 97-100 credits when I apply. I am planning to try and squeeze in eleven credits for summer which will probably put me at applying late July or early August. I just hope there's enough seats left for me. :scared: LOL

I also will be finishing my degree in Spring of 2010 before matriculating in the Fall.

I had 97 credits when I submitted my primary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Almost 240, some from before y'all were born.

240? Yikes! That's more than I'll ever have... : /

I will have 76 credits after the spring 2009 semester ends, and will definitely be able to have everything done before matriculation. I'm just worried that low credit count=cause for concern...I have a fairly decent gpa for Touro NV, where I want to apply (about a 3.5, hopefully closer to a 3.6 after spring), some UD science credits already, etc. Will be taking MCAT sometime around May, already studying for it.

Ah well, I'm going to the tour on Fri. so I guess I'll ask the admissions people then.

Thanks for the responses (and keep em coming please!)

240? Yikes! That's more than I'll ever have... : /

I will have 76 credits after the spring 2009 semester ends, and will definitely be able to have everything done before matriculation. I'm just worried that low credit count=cause for concern...I have a fairly decent gpa for Touro NV, where I want to apply (about a 3.5, hopefully closer to a 3.6 after spring), some UD science credits already, etc. Will be taking MCAT sometime around May, already studying for it.

Ah well, I'm going to the tour on Fri. so I guess I'll ask the admissions people then.

Thanks for the responses (and keep em coming please!)

Are you in Las Vegas as well??

Yes!!! LOL What classes are you taking next semester??

Well this semester.

Cool! I didn't know any other Rebels frequented this site!!

I'm taking Bio 341, Chem 241, Mus 125, Psy 498 (Research), and Phys 152,

what about you?

Cool! I didn't know any other Rebels frequented this site!!

I'm taking Bio 341, Chem 241, Mus 125, Psy 498 (Research), and Phys 152,

what about you?

Yep, there's one other but she doesn't come on much.

I'm taking Biol 300, BIol 348, PEx 136, Psy 210...
I have to still take Chem 242 ( I think I am going to do that during the summer ..pray for me lol) Phys 151 and 152 (yea I'm going to brave the MCAT without these courses), Chem 474,475, and a couple more upper BIOL courses.

I had to look this up on my AMCAS app... couldn't find it on my AACOMAS summary. Anyways, 280.7 undergrad:wow:, 21 graduate (certificate in public health). Obviously I lost track of how many credits I racked up... I thought it was around 200!

It breaks down as 3 years undergrad, 2 years community college (my paramedic qualification), another 3 years of undergrad, not all full-time to make up for the earlier three years, plus a couple of postbacc classes.

I think you'll be ok if you get a good physics review book. I'm braving the MCAT without Organic II (post-Organic I though), so hopefully it goes well for us : )

Hey, if you take Organic II over the summer we'll probably be in the same class since I'm planning on taking it as well.

I think you'll be ok if you get a good physics review book. I'm braving the MCAT without Organic II (post-Organic I though), so hopefully it goes well for us : )

Hey, if you take Organic II over the summer we'll probably be in the same class since I'm planning on taking it as well.

That will be nice. I gonna retake Chem I and take Chem 242 as well. I was thinking about adding in extra class but I'm not sure yet.

220 from undergrad, and about 45 from grad school. Trust me, my primaries took FOREVER to be verified.

Almost 240, some from before y'all were born.

You've got about a year extra of classes on me. ;) I have around 210 or so. Not exactly sure. Took forever to fill in though!

206 for me as I have bs, 3 minors, MEd., and 34 hours Post Bac.

verification process took forever for me also

113 and still have 1.5 years left

~120 or so. I applied when I was a 1st semester senior, but I transferred in AP credits and took classes over the summer each year.

Hmm, so it turns out I think I was interpreting it wrong. The latest you can apply is April of the year you plan to matriculate (so would be April 2010). I was thinking I'd have to submit by April 2009 in order to start in Aug. 2010...

On the website, it says June 1 of the year before you want to matriculate is when you should submit the primary. Which means I would have the credits from spring 2009 included so I think I'll be okay.

Thanks for all the responses though!

You guys amaze me with all your credits.

172 semester, or 230 quarter if you prefer. I'll be graduating with 190 semester / 253 quarter :D