How many dental school interview invites is "average"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DozingDentist

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before I say anything else, I just want to say that I am aware that each interview should be treated individually and thus, having more does not necessarily increase odds of acceptance if you simply are a poor interviewer. However, I am curious to know if there is an average number of interview invites for matriculating students. Currently, I have 5 invites (1 at my in-state and 4 at OOS that interview lots of candidates). Although I am very grateful for my current ones, just wondering if I should still be super stressed about not hearing from many others due to seeing posts on SDN from many having 8-9 +

Members don't see this ad.

I have 9 but I am only going to 5. You are more than fine if you have 5

Members don't see this ad :)
I have slightly higher stats than you (also applied 6/6) and have had only 1 in-state interview :eyebrow:
sGPA: 3.41
oGPA: 3.42
DAT: 21AA/22TS/22PAT

I think it's impossible to tell... but you should be set with that 21 and 5 IIs I'd think.

I have 9 but I am only going to 5. You are more than fine if you have 5

Not always, someone here got waitlisted a few years back from like 4 schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I only applied to 6 schools in August, I have 3/6 right now and I am content. I think you are more than fine, you only need 1 acceptance.
3.8 GPA, 22 AA, 29 PAT.

Comparison is the thief of joy. It only takes one interview.

Reactions: 6 users
I only got two interviews, which worries me a bit. And I felt that for one of them, it was my connections rather than my own abilities that got me my interview invite.