You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How many drugs can you make yourself?
Started by Avrelian
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That would vary a lot depending on what forest your in.
That would vary a lot depending on what forest your in.
Exactly what I was thinking. How precise you'd be able to get the dosage of any preparation depends on what equipment you have. Also depends on the solvents you have, if you have a heat source...but how many totally depends on your raw materials.
In a forest setting, you'd probably be able to treat a cough, a sore throat, constipation and minor bleeding, at least.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
About 92.34% of my high school classmates could make meth.....
I don't think I'll be looking to make drugs....
I would be looking for food and shelter.
100% agreed. And if i get both food and shelter, i will try to enjoy the weather. LOL
ray
About 92.34% of my high school classmates could make meth.....![]()
You guys must have had a heckuva chemistry program!!!😱
100% agreed. And if i get both food and shelter, i will try to enjoy the weather. LOL
ray
And build a fire.
You guys must have had a heckuva chemistry program!!!😱
At least your program did not give you step by step directions to make crack cocaine.
At least your program did not give you step by step directions to make crack cocaine.
I seem to recall making cocaine in orgo lab myself...I found it peculiar at the time.
And build a fire.
Depends on what I brought in my suitcase. Of course then it starts to sound like a travel game. If I were going to a forest, what would I take in my suitcase. I'd bring an....all-purpose multi-tool.
what tool would that be?
If you're looking for brand name, the most popular would be Leatherman, all-though Victorinox makes some pretty comprehensive swiss-army knives. It's just traveling games like that I'd have to start with A (hence all-purpose multi-tool), next word would begin with B and so on. Surely with an RV and kids as young as yours you know this.
Lodging in a forest is easy enough to make. Less than a few hours if you've got dense growth, day or two if you're doing cutting your own with crude tools. (This is crude lodging, not Luxor, or even Roach Motel)
No guys, say you have food and shelter and fire , and, say, a satellite TV. By whatever reason you are living there and you have all tools you need, so the suitcase is filled with whatever you need to pursue a new career in cave's man pharmacy. Can you make any antibiotics, for instance?
No guys, say you have food and shelter and fire , and, say, a satellite TV. By whatever reason you are living there and you have all tools you need, so the suitcase is filled with whatever you need to pursue a new career in cave's man pharmacy. Can you make any antibiotics, for instance?
Not while meeting FDA guidelines.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not while meeting FDA guidelines.![]()
Good one!
Seriously though, you'd have to find out which drugs are derived from source's naturally available in a forest setting (fungal, algal, tree bark, plant root/leaves/stems, insect, and animal based) I'd google it, but I'm really not that interested, so I'll let you do that. It also depends on the nature of your equipment. If we're talking standard outdoor (camp-type) equipment, you might have a portable percolater (sp?) for coffee, pot/pan, water container, purification chemicals (either bleach or iodine based) or filter. The rest is variable. Matches/lighter/flint&steel. Now you just have to use your Best MacGyver skills and dream up how you're going to extract, add/remove appropriate functional groups, and purify. Of course if we're talking just hiding an illicit drug manufacturing plant and diversifying from store bought manufacturing to an all-natural approach, then we've got a whole new set of parameters.
If you've ever been to a pharmaceutical company to witness how drugs are produced, you'd never ever be able to replicate that in a forest. It's like factory work with blending compressing coating etc, no pharmacist involvement at all.
Best case scenario is you chew some random bark and it has aspirin.
However german pharmacy students would be more apt at this as their program is almost completely centered around herbals and botany, no joke. They do 1 pharmacology course, and 1 semester of "clinical pharmacy", but man do they know their plants 😀 . I wouldn't even want to do pharmacy over there, one course is you go out into a forest and isolate 30 different species of plants, name them in german and latin and grind them up into white powder and then identify the powder in a lab. DEAR GOD.
Best case scenario is you chew some random bark and it has aspirin.
However german pharmacy students would be more apt at this as their program is almost completely centered around herbals and botany, no joke. They do 1 pharmacology course, and 1 semester of "clinical pharmacy", but man do they know their plants 😀 . I wouldn't even want to do pharmacy over there, one course is you go out into a forest and isolate 30 different species of plants, name them in german and latin and grind them up into white powder and then identify the powder in a lab. DEAR GOD.
If I was in a forrest of Yew trees, I could make some organic Taxol!
If I was in a forrest of Yew trees, I could make some organic Taxol!
I once did a paper on Taxus Baccata.
No guys, say you have food and shelter and fire , and, say, a satellite TV. By whatever reason you are living there and you have all tools you need, so the suitcase is filled with whatever you need to pursue a new career in cave's man pharmacy. Can you make any antibiotics, for instance?
Heck...food, shelter, TV...I don't need nothing else...
Then again, I could probably snoop around and find molds...and fungus...and some streptomyces and derive some very impure antibiotic like molecules...
If you were in a forest in columbia, you could make some great hash
If you were in a forest in columbia, you could make some great hash
You mean Colombia?
Mmm hmm. And if you bite your tongue you can lick a banana slug.If I was in a forrest of Yew trees, I could make some organic Taxol!
It seems like nobody on this forum took the Shaman elective in pharm school.
You mean Colombia?
Nah, probably meant South Carolina, afterall, Colombia is known more for Coke than Hash.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 13
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 2K