How many folks go through 3rd year and DON'T honor at all?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah but for the ones who don't bother to ask...sucks for him.
Just goes to show that some people are not looking very closely at the applications because I would bet that the school includes a rubric with their Dean's letter.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah but for the ones who don't bother to ask...sucks for him.

I agree. Either they may not ask (in which case you sound like a complainer if you bring it up) OR he/she may not even get an interview to be able to explain why. Very frustrating indeed if you're shooting for a competitive specialty.

Just goes to show that some people are not looking very closely at the applications because I would bet that the school includes a rubric with their Dean's letter.

Unless you're going into a specialty that interviews very few applicants, most PDs don't have the time to go into such great detail as far as the grading scale of your school, how many students get a certain grade in a clerkship, etc. with so many applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you're going into a specialty that interviews very few applicants, most PDs don't have the time to go into such great detail as far as the grading scale of your school, how many students get a certain grade in a clerkship, etc. with so many applicants.

So, it should be standardized. The whole process is supposed to be equivalent, correct?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So, it should be standardized. The whole process is supposed to be equivalent, correct?

Not really. Just like undergrads and premed curricula are not really standardized.

I agree it should be standardized. But since every medical school is trying to help their students match, that will never happen. The next argument that would be made is that clerkships at certain schools are "harder" or "easier" to get Honors in than other places. It would never end.

Not really. Just like undergrads and premed curricula are not really standardized.

Those programs do not have one unifying accrediting body.

ZERO honors, ZERO dirtied nose-tips, ZERO fuks given. Matched as of this Monday. I can tell you on Friday if it was a ridiculously competitive field or GS.

Did it make it harder? Hell yes. But I had my dignity damnit!

Reactions: 3 users
ZERO honors, ZERO dirtied nose-tips, ZERO fuks given. Matched as of this Monday. I can tell you on Friday if it was a ridiculously competitive field or GS.

I honored stuff and kept my dignity. It doesn't have to be an either/or thing.

Exactly... Keeping your dignity is more important than an H.

I honored stuff and kept my dignity. It doesn't have to be an either/or thing.

give him a break. Some schools weigh heavy on shelf exams, other schools weigh heavily on evals. I know for a fact that the people hitting top 10% at my school have catered towards attendings, done little things here and there they would do for no other person than one evaluating them, lied to their face saying they really enjoyed ____ and ____ while hours later complaining about it.

It's a huge game, and when 2/3rds of your grade is evals (in some of our courses it has been) then you can bet that the top 10% are doing things to get those evals.

Reactions: 1 users