How many hours a week do YOU study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LabDoc33

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all the non-trads alike out there with jobs.

How many hours do you devote a week to studying for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

I studied ~15-20 hours a week for 5 months and a got a 36. I studied for 1-2 hours before work, 40 minutes during my commute (AO or pre-reading a chapter), and sometimes an hour when I got home. I would do 4-12 hours on the weekend, depending on various factors. It sucks, I know!

Wow, nice score!

I have about 5 months until my test date as well and I am able to contribute max of 15-20 hours a week. I am taking a Princeton review live online class at night which totals to 7.5 hours a week plus whatever other self study I can get in.

I am at the beginning of this studying journey and I was wondering how much everyone else was able to do it, there aren't enough hours in the day!

Members don't see this ad :)
I did ~5 months, ~12-15 hrs a week and got a 32.
1-2 hours a day during the week & ~6-8 hrs on the weekend
For content review I had a study group MWF for 1.5-2 hrs then self study on alternate days & weekend. Practice exams we started with 1 full section every other day, reviewing answers on alternate days, for ~5 weeks, then FLs on the weekend and reviewing answers through the week for ~5 weeks.

I plan on taking every FL I can get my hands on, I'm fortunate enough that my work schedule gets significantly easier during the last month of my prep from mid-December to January. I plan on taking as many FL's as I can during that time period on top of starting to take one every other week starting at the end of this month. I will probably save a hand full of AAMC exams for that time frame.

I am really lacking in content since I took most of the prereqs almost 4 years ago now, plus I am currently taking physics II and organic II.

Wow, OP - taking Physics II and Organic II AND studying for MCAT? You kick butt. Thanks for the motivation...! Good luck.