How many hours did you work in 2013?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pezdispenser

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious because I hear some pharmacists are not getting full-time hours due to the saturation. 🙁

I did about 2,350 hours and took 3 & 1/2 weeks vacation/holidays.

I do get paid for all the hours I work. If you're salaried but work extra in your own time, you can specify the actual hours you work if you want.

If you're a student working part-time, you can still participate, just say that you're a student.
 
I worked 1,102 hours as a pharmacist. I was licensed in...July maybe? Anyway it averages to over 44 hours as that is my base and I picked up many, many extra shifts. Too many.

Unpossible. We all know CVS is only giving new grads 30 hours and you don't even get health insurance. Give. It. Up.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I worked about 1,100. I did about 25 hrs a week during spring semester (undergrad) through summer then when I started pharmacy school I went to 8 hrs a week.
 
2080h regular
655h OT

This year, I do 0 OT so far and the past 4 months (9/13-12/13), I have been getting 0 OT... no more extra shifts too many floaters in the district... Right around the time all the new grads get their licenses... so, I expect my pay will probably be $60k less in 2014
 
2080h regular
655h OT

This year, I do 0 OT so far and the past 4 months (9/13-12/13), I have been getting 0 OT... no more extra shifts too many floaters in the district... Right around the time all the new grads get their licenses... so, I expect my pay will probably be $60k less in 2014

But, there is no saturation. You can work as many hours as you want.
 
I worked 1,102 hours as a pharmacist. I was licensed in...July maybe? Anyway it averages to over 44 hours as that is my base and I picked up many, many extra shifts. Too many.

Uncle Sam will be waiting for his cut of your check plus interest!
 
Just over 2080 hours this year (40.5 hours a week) including 4 week paid vacation plus 6 paid holidays. It has been too tough!
 
Residency -- 1000 hrs on payroll
PTO used -- 40 hrs (remainder cashed out)

FT job -- 800 hrs
PD job -- 400 hrs

2013 total productive: 2200
avg post-PGY1 hrs worked per week: 46
 
Haven't bothered to calculate. I'm estimating ~2040 hrs (FT hospital); and ~80 hrs (per diem in retail). There's no saturation, jk😉