How many hours do you study every week ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MilwaukeeMike28

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I study or am in class every day from 7:00am - 9:00 pm except two nights a week when I meet friends or family for dinner for a couple of hours then I study later that evening.

What about you ?

Do you find that working out helps you study more effiently ? I do ... but I dont do it anyway because it takes too much time. Doesnt make sense but that is the way it is.

Members don't see this ad.

MilwaukeeMike28 said:
I study or am in class every day from 7:00am - 9:00 pm except two nights a week when I meet friends or family for dinner for a couple of hours then I study later that evening.

What about you ?

Do you find that working out helps you study more effiently ? I do ... but I dont do it anyway because it takes too much time. Doesnt make sense but that is the way it is.

i find working out or any sports relieves stress; i try to play basketball or go to the gym at least every other day. I also run when i need a break from things.

as far as studying, Monday, Wed and Fri and my busy days for classes, especially Mon and Wed. So I try to do some volunteer work on Tuesday, Thursday and saturday. I sometimes study or do work during the afternoon into the evening, but i will admit i also get into long (often educational) discussions with friends, or play sports with them, eat dinner with them, or just hang out with them occaisonally, etc in between and i also multi-task on the computer at the same time. I take a break for a couple hours in the evening and if necessary i then hit the books again late at night, even pulling all-nighters if necessary.

MilwaukeeMike28 said:

What about you ?

wow, i thought my work ethic was good, but milwaukee, yours is unbeliavable, if what you said was true. I start classes at 10:00 am and usually go till about 9. And yeah, exercise helps me study as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm.... i actually feel like a slacker because I always take two hours at night to hang with my gf and watch TV.

When I was in undergrad the first time I studied even more.... I dont recall ever taking breaks just to take breaks.

MilwaukeeMike28 said:

What about you ?

Fourteen hours a day? Pathetic. You must be an English major or something. I don't consider it a good day unless I get at least 23 solid hours of studying in - sleep is overrated. Sure, I work out, but while I'm on the treadmill I listen to biochem lecture recordings on my MP3 player and have notes for at least two other classes propped up in front of me. I also take karate so I can knock smart classmates out of commision before exams. Honestly, how do wimps like you ever expect to make it in med school?

Wiggy73 said:
Fourteen hours a day? Pathetic. You must be an English major or something. I don't consider it a good day unless I get at least 23 solid hours of studying in - sleep is overrated. Sure, I work out, but while I'm on the treadmill I listen to biochem lecture recordings on my MP3 player and have notes for at least two other classes propped up in front of me. I also take karate so I can knock smart classmates out of commision before exams. Honestly, how do wimps like you ever expect to make it in med school?
:laugh:

5 star number 1 A+ post :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

MilwaukeeMike28 said:

I always see people on the elipticals and treadmills with flash cards or notebooks. Since exercising takes too much time, perhaps you can try exercising and studying at the same time? Although people usually exercise to get away from studing so i guess this would defeat the whole purpose of working out :laugh:

Wiggy73 said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: does anyone sleep anymore or do you take uppers all the time? practicing for residency, huh?

Dude - I am totally serious. I work from 7-9 every day with two dinners with friends and family.

Have you ever seen that commerical where the girl stands up in the middle of class and says how much she loves history - that is a sequence of events then she yells 'Lets Study' !

That is ME ! I laugh out loud every times i see it !

I study 168 hours a week. That's right, I don't eat, sleep, or exercise. Nor do I do any EC's, or talk to anyone. I'll be the exhausted, cachectic, anti-social freak at the anatomy table in med school...nice to meet ya. :rolleyes:

Frikin' trolls.

Wow, you guys are great! Keep studying. undefinedundefined

Members don't see this ad :)
With your attitude I doubt you will ever get to the anatomy table unless you have an inside trach at Morehouse ! ha !

MilwaukeeMike28 said:
With your attitude I doubt you will ever get to the anatomy table unless you have an inside trach at Morehouse ! ha !
Holy crap. Do you have a life outside of studying? Any EC's? Any hobbies?

This is sad.

And you are right . . . it doesn't make any sense to avoid working out because it takes too much time. If what you are saying is true, you have serious time management/study skills problems.

perhaps but I am usually first in my class...... all my classes actually........ if i were in your class - the best you would do is finish second !

MilwaukeeMike28 said:
perhaps but I am usually first in my class...... all my classes actually........ if i were in your class - the best you would do is finish second !

there's more to life than being first in your class. and med schools want to see a complete diversified person with multiple interests and someone who is capable of getting thru their classes while being involved in other activities.

Psycho Doctor is right. You are definitely doing an awesome job grade-wise. But make sure you are doing some type of volunteering or other stuff that has nothing to do with school. Med Schools like *well-rounded* people.

MilwaukeeMike28 said:

And he/she would probably get into the same med school as you. Personally, I think the more efficient student is the superior student. Moreover, you're not really living life if you're secluded in a cubicle, studying 'till the wee hours of the morning. Competition is healthy, but yours is indicative of psychopathology.

If you can't stop and smell the flowers, you still have a lot of growing to do. Give us an update when your 8th birthday rolls around...

Good luck!

P.S. - there's a 12 year old in medical school right now; according to your twisted logic, in a class with him, YOU would come in second.

Med School admissions is 99.5% your grades and MCATs. I study at the medical school near my house every day and talk to many of the med students. They are mostly immature goofy kids who got straight As and studied for the MCAT for 4 months outside of school.

MilwaukeeMike28 said:
Med School admissions is 99.5% your grades and MCATs. I study at the medical school near my house every day and talk to many of the med students. They are mostly immature goofy kids who got straight As and studied for the MCAT for 4 months outside of school.

Anyone who's looking impress his scholastic achievements upon others through a web-based forum falls under my definition of 'immature'. You just made the club, kiddo. Kudos!

Status
Not open for further replies.