How many hours of sleep do you get?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many hours of sleep did you get per night during pharmacy school?

• less than 4 (Who needs sleep?)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • 5-6

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • 7-8

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • 9-10

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • greater than 10 (I was lucky!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PharmDstudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to know how many hours of sleep pharmacy students get. If you've already graduated but you still remember your school days, feel free to vote.

Members don't see this ad.

Last night, it was about 2-3 hours. But tonight (friday) probably 10 hours...hahaha...I need to make up for lost sleep.

I like my sleep. About 6-8 hours depending on the night, plus a few 2-3 hour naps a week

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought you were not going to grace us with your presence until May
Do you really want the reasoning??? Geez... I'm so tired! :p

The threads were more drug-related for a little while, which was conducive to studying. I use the computer a lot when I study, so I was reading about all kinds of stuff, including school material, instead of sleeping or daydreaming about tropical drinks with cute little umbrellas. The clinical thread was cool.

The pre-pharm students are inspiring. Here I am in the thick of it all, and they're just trying to get into a program. I'm less jaded after I read through some of their threads. It's exciting when they get into pharmacy school.

So there you go... I've probably said too much.

I usually try to sleep 6-8 hours each night. But when it comes to finals week, I only go with about 4 hours. I know some classmates that sleep less than that. They also wake up super early to study before the exams too.

I can't focus without sleep, so I usually get at least 8 hours every night. Some days when I have 8am classes, it's more like 7 though.

I usually get about 6 hours of sleep, but during exams it may be less. I have to watch messing with my sleep schedule though, because I get terrible migraines.

normal week....about 8 on average. I LOVE my sleep. THIS week~ about 5 on average! AWFUL and CRAZY week~! I do not like getting up at 5:30am....this coming week should be much better.

I can't function without my sleep so this weekend I will be making up the sleep I lost this week. My best friend in P-1 class goes to bed at 9pm everynight even when we have tests~ and she does well. I can't think if my brain is gone....same with food~ I gotta eat or can't think!

normal week....about 8 on average. I LOVE my sleep. THIS week~ about 5 on average! AWFUL and CRAZY week~! I do not like getting up at 5:30am....this coming week should be much better.

I can't function without my sleep so this weekend I will be making up the sleep I lost this week.
Same here. I'm about to fall over in this chair I'm so tired! In another 15 minutes, I'll be out cold.

I absolutely refuse to sacrifice sleep. I get at least 6 or 7 a night (unless a test the next day or stupid 7am work) and prefer much closer to 10.

I work overnights, some days I only get 3-4 hrs because I cannot sleep, catches up with you quickly and makes for a long week.

I get at least 8 on average. I think good quality sleep keeps you healthy! :laugh:

I cannot honestly remember time when I got more than 6 hours of sleep on a weeknight, before, during or after pharmacy school. :D Such is the life of absolute nightowl in the world run by early birds.