How many II invites do you have so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gladiolus23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
just curious as to how many IIs people have at this point in the cycle…do you mind sharing your stats and also when the IIs are scheduled for?

Members don't see this ad.

((5! - [(11*3) + (49/7)]) / 40) - 2

Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
upload_2016-8-30_23-15-23.png

Reactions: 26 users
This is very prone to selection bias. Not a very good sample of the population my friend

Reactions: 1 user
0 II

Complete at 19 places starting Aug. 22nd (will be submitting 37 total by Monday)

520 MCAT, 3.47 GPA

3.63, 509, one II.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
How is 21 II and 2 acceptances even possible at this point in the cycle lol. If thats true congrats but i'm still skeptical

Reactions: 7 users
3 MD

LizzyM- 62-66

Gotten love from places I didn't expect, especially this early in the cycle. If you have yet to recieve an interview don't let others discourage you! It's still super early in the cycle. Your II's are on the way!

Last edited:
Dr. Bob will have a statue built in his honor by the end of this cycle

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
How is 21 II and 2 acceptances even possible at this point in the cycle lol. If thats true congrats but i'm still skeptical

He is a very strong URM candidate... Most schools will filter to select for these candidates first because they have to grab the strong candidates like Dr. Bob before everyone else does

2 MD II here though :)

He is a very strong URM candidate... Most schools will filter to select for these candidates first because they have to grab the strong candidates like Dr. Bob before everyone else does

2 MD II here though :)

Isn't his LizzyM score like 64?

1 II at state school (also top choice) MD
2 rejections (understandable, mayo, and state school that i don't have residency in)
LizzyM 71

I just think it would be a hilarious scenario to email a school and graciously decline an II in August.... They may be a little confused

Reactions: 3 users
Yo I have the same stats as you! Which schools showed you love??

NYU and Jefferson, but I guess it's important to mention that I am super URM. I realize I also have the same LizzyM as doctorbob LOL but not as much love

LOL I'm super ORM. Asian, white and CA resident. Best of luck!

Plus, you're the 'President' (Deity Dictator) of North Korea, which might raise an eyebrow or two. Then again, you have scored an 18 on a golf course, so who should be judging whom?

Reactions: 6 users
from my understanding he is a non-traditional with a lot of healthcare experience, over 90% percentile MCAT
n=1 here, but that is my story too and I have 0 II's

Kinda nice to see others in same boat; a reminder that it's still early in the cycle. You can get a bit psyched being all of the II posts on threads.

~3.8GPA, 522MCAT, 1 MD II. Complete at 18/20 schools by early August, 2/20 by mid-August.

Reactions: 1 users
Plus, you're the 'President' (Deity Dictator) of North Korea, which might raise an eyebrow or two. Then again, you have scored an 18 on a golf course, so who should be judging whom?
At least it shows leadership skills(?)

Shouldn't you be selective with which interviews you attend now?
Yes..I should...

But I got vacation days and iv wanted to travel so..

Life works out

0 II so far. 3.95 gpa and 519 MCAT. Complete at most places early Aug.

It only takes one, don't worry if you don't have any yet!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Statistically ull get in..keep ur head up its super early
Amen. All you have to do, JH6644, is (a) make sure your writing is okay and (b) not come off as a sociopath or weirdo at your future interviews. You got a 90%+ chance of matriculating somewhere.

Amen. All you have to do, JH6644, is (a) make sure your writing is okay and (b) not come off as a sociopath or weirdo at your future interviews. You got a 90%+ chance of matriculating somewhere.

a) I wouldn't say my plan B to med school is becoming an author but I think my writing is okay and b) I'll be sure to not show off my sociopathic side during my interviews ;)

Also 0 II, 3.92/521, complete at most schools right at the beginning of August :nailbiting:

n=1 here, but that is my story too and I have 0 II's

Also 0 II, 3.92/521, complete at most schools right at the beginning of August :nailbiting:

I very much remember the anxiety I had last year when I was in your shoes at the very end of August. Don't fall into the neurotic SDN trap. My LizzyM was around 72, I completed bulk of my secondaries in August and mid-September. My first interview invite came in the last week of August. Then one more in late September. Then three more in October. Then two more in January. Then two more in February. Then two more in March. One of my interviews was scheduled for middle of April of this year.

Do you see how long the cycle is? You guys can't actually understand how long the cycle is. 5+ of my interviews were in or after FEBRUARY.

Chill out (easier said than done). I remember on my second interview in October, a girl was bragging about how she already interviewed at 5 places but was stressed out she didn't hear back yet from Penn. I'm glad she is not in my class now. Don't let people psych you out. I promise that for the majority of you (neurotic overachievers on SDN and neurotic lurkers without an account), you guys and girls will get more interviews as the cycle goes on than you can probably afford to accept. You will also hold acceptances and be on waitlists long before your last interviews are scheduled for the cycle. So, just relax. Its still August. This place needs that occasional injection of reality to ground you all back to earth.

Reactions: 17 users
Kinda nice to see others in same boat; a reminder that it's still early in the cycle. You can get a bit psyched being all of the II posts on threads.

~3.8GPA, 522MCAT, 1 MD II. Complete at 18/20 schools by early August, 2/20 by mid-August.

When you are complete for different schools on different dates does that mean you added some schools later?

When you are complete for different schools on different dates does that mean you added some schools later?

Well that is the case here in that those two schools were added in early August. I don't know about others, but I did not turn all my secondaries in at the same time! So early August isn't just vague for the sake of anonymity, but also late July into early August I was turning in a couple of secondaries a day. Shame on me though, several of those I'd had for 30+ days :(. I did them all in a dedicated spurt of intense writing and revision.

What's super URM? (Trying to see if I fit that too, lol)

Poor, black woman. Exaggerating on the super, Maybe if I was military, poor, black + native american, and LGBTQ+ I would qualify as super URM hahaha

Reactions: 4 users
Poor, black woman. Exaggerating on the super, Maybe if I was military, poor, black + native american, and LGBTQ+ I would qualify as super URM hahaha

Hopefully, I don't offend - but based on listening to and reading about experiences of blacks and women independently, I think social norms and infrastructure are stacked against you enough as it is, that is acceptable to call yourself super URM ;). That said, I have no idea how well black women are represented in the medical profession. Based on "The Vanishing Physician Scientist", I do know that at the top tier, at least in academic medicine, women are still abysmally represented, never mind race. But alas, I'm in danger of derailing the thread!

Reactions: 5 users
Primary submitted first day, secondaries completed within a day or two of receiving them (late June - late July). 2 II, already 2 more than last year!

35/3.55

Reactions: 8 users