Gladiolus23

5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2013
Status
just curious as to how many IIs people have at this point in the cycle…do you mind sharing your stats and also when the IIs are scheduled for?

Nov 19, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
This is very prone to selection bias. Not a very good sample of the population my friend

Reactions: ridethecliche

CavsFan2016

2+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
3.6 GPA, 517 MCAT. 1 II!

Reactions: O.T.I.

baratheonfire

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
2+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
0 II

Complete at 19 places starting Aug. 22nd (will be submitting 37 total by Monday)

520 MCAT, 3.47 GPA

To be MD

Med School Or Bust
7+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2011
Status
Medical Student
This is very prone to selection bias. Not a very good sample of the population my friend
Yes, SDN. Having 21 IIs like Dr. Bob is not normal. :bow:

Reactions: CavsFan2016

CavsFan2016

2+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2016
Status
How is 21 II and 2 acceptances even possible at this point in the cycle lol. If thats true congrats but i'm still skeptical

zerox117

A joyful heart is good medicine.
2+ Year Member
May 11, 2015
Status
Medical Student
3 MD

LizzyM- 62-66

Gotten love from places I didn't expect, especially this early in the cycle. If you have yet to recieve an interview don't let others discourage you! It's still super early in the cycle. Your II's are on the way!

Last edited:
Reactions: PHgeek123

ready2go2

5+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2013
Status
2 MD, 514/3.4

Frogger27

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2016
Status
Medical Student
How is 21 II and 2 acceptances even possible at this point in the cycle lol. If thats true congrats but i'm still skeptical
He is a very strong URM candidate... Most schools will filter to select for these candidates first because they have to grab the strong candidates like Dr. Bob before everyone else does

2 MD II here though :)

CavsFan2016

2+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2016
Status
He is a very strong URM candidate... Most schools will filter to select for these candidates first because they have to grab the strong candidates like Dr. Bob before everyone else does

2 MD II here though :)
Isn't his lizzyM score like 64?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

----x----

2+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2015
Status
1 II at state school (also top choice) MD
2 rejections (understandable, mayo, and state school that i don't have residency in)
LizzyM 71

CavsFan2016

2+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2016
Status

ready2go2

5+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2013
Status
Yo I have the same stats as you! Which schools showed you love??

NYU and Jefferson, but I guess it's important to mention that I am super URM. I realize I also have the same LizzyM as doctorbob LOL but not as much love

Reactions: OchemOficionado

To be MD

Med School Or Bust
7+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2011
Status
Medical Student
LOL I'm super ORM. Asian, white and CA resident. Best of luck!

Plus, you're the 'President' (Deity Dictator) of North Korea, which might raise an eyebrow or two. Then again, you have scored an 18 on a golf course, so who should be judging whom?

freak7

Stuck in a tacky hat
2+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2016
Status
Medical Student
from my understanding he is a non-traditional with a lot of healthcare experience, over 90% percentile MCAT
n=1 here, but that is my story too and I have 0 II's

JJRousseau

2+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2016
Status
Kinda nice to see others in same boat; a reminder that it's still early in the cycle. You can get a bit psyched being all of the II posts on threads.

~3.8GPA, 522MCAT, 1 MD II. Complete at 18/20 schools by early August, 2/20 by mid-August.

freak7

Stuck in a tacky hat
2+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Plus, you're the 'President' (Deity Dictator) of North Korea, which might raise an eyebrow or two. Then again, you have scored an 18 on a golf course, so who should be judging whom?
At least it shows leadership skills(?)

JH6644

2+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
0 II so far. 3.95 gpa and 519 MCAT. Complete at most places early Aug.

21Rush12

Searching a cave behind a waterfall
5+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2014
Status
Medical Student
It only takes one, don't worry if you don't have any yet!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: JH6644

To be MD

Med School Or Bust
7+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Statistically ull get in..keep ur head up its super early
Amen. All you have to do, JH6644, is (a) make sure your writing is okay and (b) not come off as a sociopath or weirdo at your future interviews. You got a 90%+ chance of matriculating somewhere.

JH6644

2+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Amen. All you have to do, JH6644, is (a) make sure your writing is okay and (b) not come off as a sociopath or weirdo at your future interviews. You got a 90%+ chance of matriculating somewhere.
a) I wouldn't say my plan B to med school is becoming an author but I think my writing is okay and b) I'll be sure to not show off my sociopathic side during my interviews ;)

PS2020

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2016
Status
Medical Student
n=1 here, but that is my story too and I have 0 II's
Also 0 II, 3.92/521, complete at most schools right at the beginning of August :nailbiting:
I very much remember the anxiety I had last year when I was in your shoes at the very end of August. Don't fall into the neurotic SDN trap. My LizzyM was around 72, I completed bulk of my secondaries in August and mid-September. My first interview invite came in the last week of August. Then one more in late September. Then three more in October. Then two more in January. Then two more in February. Then two more in March. One of my interviews was scheduled for middle of April of this year.

Do you see how long the cycle is? You guys can't actually understand how long the cycle is. 5+ of my interviews were in or after FEBRUARY.

Chill out (easier said than done). I remember on my second interview in October, a girl was bragging about how she already interviewed at 5 places but was stressed out she didn't hear back yet from Penn. I'm glad she is not in my class now. Don't let people psych you out. I promise that for the majority of you (neurotic overachievers on SDN and neurotic lurkers without an account), you guys and girls will get more interviews as the cycle goes on than you can probably afford to accept. You will also hold acceptances and be on waitlists long before your last interviews are scheduled for the cycle. So, just relax. Its still August. This place needs that occasional injection of reality to ground you all back to earth.

OchemOficionado

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2016
Status
Medical Student
NYU and Jefferson, but I guess it's important to mention that I am super URM. I realize I also have the same LizzyM as doctorbob LOL but not as much love
What's super URM? (Trying to see if I fit that too, lol)

Reactions: JJRousseau

OchemOficionado

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Kinda nice to see others in same boat; a reminder that it's still early in the cycle. You can get a bit psyched being all of the II posts on threads.

~3.8GPA, 522MCAT, 1 MD II. Complete at 18/20 schools by early August, 2/20 by mid-August.
When you are complete for different schools on different dates does that mean you added some schools later?

JJRousseau

2+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2016
Status
When you are complete for different schools on different dates does that mean you added some schools later?
Well that is the case here in that those two schools were added in early August. I don't know about others, but I did not turn all my secondaries in at the same time! So early August isn't just vague for the sake of anonymity, but also late July into early August I was turning in a couple of secondaries a day. Shame on me though, several of those I'd had for 30+ days :(. I did them all in a dedicated spurt of intense writing and revision.

ready2go2

5+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2013
Status
Poor, black woman. Exaggerating on the super, Maybe if I was military, poor, black + native american, and LGBTQ+ I would qualify as super URM hahaha

JJRousseau

2+ Year Member
Aug 17, 2016
Status
Poor, black woman. Exaggerating on the super, Maybe if I was military, poor, black + native american, and LGBTQ+ I would qualify as super URM hahaha
Hopefully, I don't offend - but based on listening to and reading about experiences of blacks and women independently, I think social norms and infrastructure are stacked against you enough as it is, that is acceptable to call yourself super URM ;). That said, I have no idea how well black women are represented in the medical profession. Based on "The Vanishing Physician Scientist", I do know that at the top tier, at least in academic medicine, women are still abysmally represented, never mind race. But alas, I'm in danger of derailing the thread!

Chelsea FC

5+ Year Member
May 21, 2013
Status
Medical Student
He/SHE extra dark skin LOLZ :thinking::rofl:

Edit also I read somewhere on here black women outnumber black men by some number in medical school.