How many II invites do you have so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Primary submitted first day, secondaries completed within a day or two of receiving them (late June - late July). 2 II, already 2 more than last year!

35/3.55

I read some of your past posts. Man, you have the full support of the DPRK. But really, good luck and nail those interviews bro!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
13 IIs

Complete most places by mid July
517 MCAT, 3.4 gpa, nontraditional URM

Reactions: 3 users
8 IIs - Complete by early/mid July.
509 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, non-trad

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just informed that Secondaries and IIs are different. LOL makes MUCH more sense.

I have 4 IIs in that case.

Last edited:
Congratulations!! 13 IIs is pretty good, URM or otherwise.
This is the most SDN thing I have ever seen. 13 II is pretty good? It's freaking phenomenal lol omg there are so many posters/lurkers here with 0 or 1 be grateful you're in a position where you already have 13 II this early in the cycle. I have no problem being honest and saying I am freaking psyched with 13 II.

Reactions: 7 users
This is the most SDN thing I have ever seen. 13 II is pretty good? It's freaking phenomenal lol omg there are so many posters/lurkers here with 0 or 1 be grateful you're in a position where you already have 13 II this early in the cycle. I have no problem being honest and saying I am freaking psyched with 13 II.

Since you already know that 13 IIs is phenomenal, I don't know what you want me to say:p. It is true that SDN skews the bell curve to the right. I've never been comfortable patting myself on the back (even on an anonymous online forum, so I guess I subconsciously chose "pretty good" over "outstanding", etc.

Reactions: 1 user

Geez. Calm down.

Since you already know that 13 IIs is phenomenal, I don't know what you want me to say:p. It is true that SDN skews the bell curve to the right. I've never been comfortable patting myself on the back (even on an anonymous online forum, so I guess I subconsciously chose "pretty good" over "outstanding", etc.
Pat yourself on the back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't sorry, sir. Your time will come. No way you don't get some good offers with those metrics.
They're probably just waiting the mandatory 6 weeks so they don't seem too interested and scare you away.

It's the medical school version of "no contact for 3 days after the first date"

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
3.56, 514, 5 MD IIs :yawn: (that's my face because I didn't think I'd get one at all- moral of the story...try not to worry)

3.63, 509, one II.

Would you mind if I ask which school you got the II from? Our scores are quite similar although I think I applied late in the cycle, my primary only got sent out to schools on Aug 1st. Thank you!

3.56, 514, 5 MD IIs :yawn: (that's my face because I didn't think I'd get one at all- moral of the story...try not to worry)

That's amazing! Would you mind sharing when you submitted the secondaries?

3 II's, all of them came this week in the past two days. 512 MCAT, 3.6 GPA. Super excited!

506 mcat 3.6 gpa

5 MD II

Reactions: 1 users
510, 3.63, 0 II. I am beginning to suspect that my secondary essays are not written that well. Anyone who has had success getting II willing to share advice and/or share essays? I think I am rushing through them too fast?

I think more interesting questions are

How are interviews distributed timewise? Are a majority of interviews scheduled before thanksgiving?

Are you more likely to receive another interview if you have already received an interview?

Are there late bloomers who receive 2+ interviews after November?

Interviews:

1 D.O

1 MD

I think more interesting questions are

How are interviews distributed timewise? Are a majority of interviews scheduled before thanksgiving?

Are you more likely to receive another interview if you have already received an interview?

Are there late bloomers who receive 2+ interviews after November?
Interview invites are independent events. Med schools are not conspiring behind our back lol....i think. If a person receives multiple interviews, it's because they were a strong applicant not because the initial interview set off a domino effect.

Also, many people interview in late-fall and winter. Someone said before that half of their class came from the waitlist after interviewing in winter.

One II. I've only submitted 5 of my secondaries so far, though. I have a pile I'm trying to get mostly through by early next week. I submitted my secondary to the school I got a II at just under a month ago, and my account says they just got my LORs 2 weeks ago. So I guess that's when I was complete?

3.96 GPA, 509 MCAT

Interview invites are independent events. Med schools are not conspiring behind our back lol....i think. If a person receives multiple interviews, it's because they were a strong applicant not because the initial interview set off a domino effect.

Also, many people interview in late-fall and winter. Someone said before that half of their class came from the waitlist after interviewing in winter.

This is exactly what I am asking, is receiving an invite earlier in the cycle correlated with receiving more invites later in the cycle. Or are there candidates who receive one invite in august and that is it for their cycle?

0 II, 2 rejections, with a lizzy M > 80 lol. Something is clearly very wrong in my application. Complete early august most places so maybe I'm just late to the game

This is exactly what I am asking, is receiving an invite earlier in the cycle correlated with receiving more invites later in the cycle. Or are there candidates who receive one invite in august and that is it for their cycle?
I had 2 MD II in august last year and none the rest of the cycle. that hurt

0 II, 2 rejections, with a lizzy M > 80 lol. Something is clearly very wrong in my application. Complete early august most places so maybe I'm just late to the game

I would sit tight, you will get lots of love with those stats, there are only a small number of applicants with those numbers

that sounds terrifying. That being said its still better than nothing. SDN has a weird way of warping perceptions simultaneously putting people in a state of euphoria and over confidence coupled with paranoia and depression.

That's definitely rough. I have 2 so far (both in August). A lot of people have told me that that's an indication that I will get more but nothing is definite apparently. Did you apply broadly?

I have 8. I am completely shocked. I would not be surprised to find I'm actually in a coma and this is a very long and not particularly interesting dream.

Reactions: 12 users
7 IIs

Nontrad, LizzyM ~75

Submitted and complete very early on. Two of my IIs were received in July and five were received in August.

Also received two rejections already - one in July and one yesterday.

0 II so far. LizzyM <70. I am on my way to complete most of my secondaries.

I'm writing this for all of the lurkers who are justifiably freaked out seeing all these people with obscene amounts of interviews on this thread. Guys, it is way, way, way too early to start worrying about having little to no interviews! My school only started sending them very recently. I'd reckon that there are schools that have not even begun to invite people. If you have a good application, you will get interviews. Period. That's just the way the system works. Take it from somebody who had to wait six months for his first interview invite...your time will come too! I know how stressful it is and how it seems impossible to think about anything else, especially when you are surrounded by people that are getting lots of interviews early. But you have to try your best and dissociate yourself from applying for now, and do things that have nothing to do with the pre-med process.

For reference, this is how my interview invites went (LizzyM ~69):

August: None
September: None
October: None
November: None
December: One (and that's all you need!)
January: Two
February: One

Good luck. Stay strong!

Reactions: 27 users
0 II so far. 3.95 gpa and 519 MCAT. Complete at most places early Aug.

This makes me feel better. 3.98, 513, super strong extracurriculars

Complete at five schools early July, five more mid August.

Still crickets...

Still crickets...
Unless there is something really blatantly wrong with your application/school list, you will most definitely get lots of interviews with those numbers.

Still crickets...
You sure you don't want to apply to more schools? If you applied broadly enough, you're probably fine though.

That's definitely rough. I have 2 so far (both in August). A lot of people have told me that that's an indication that I will get more but nothing is definite apparently. Did you apply broadly?

yeah i was shocked. i did apply broadly, but my application was terrible last year. i was lucky to get any interviews.

Where did you apply?? And great job! :)

thank you so much! :) I applied very broadly and improved my ECs a lot.

Lizzy M of 81. Applied to 25. 15 IIs to all top 20. Unfortunately Pitt just offered me an II on the same days I have HMS and UCLA so I'm going to have to decline making the trip to PA.

*I hope you guys know I'm kidding*

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 8 users
Lizzy M of 81. Applied to 25. 15 IIs to all top 20. Unfortunately Pitt just offered me an II on the same days I have HMS and UCLA so I'm going to have to decline making the trip to PA.

*I hope you guys know I'm kidding*

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I actually believed this

Reactions: 10 users
Two! :):xf:

you're canceling? I had a similar problem, but I figured I'd just send my cat to one of the interviews. my app pretty much guarantees me acceptance anyway, and if I've learned anything from SDN it's that adcoms love cats.

I know what you're thinking, but don't worry--I bought him a very appropriate navy suit. I'm sure he'll be much more appropriately dressed than most of the humans.

Reactions: 9 users