How many interviews are given per CA-1 spot available?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

SleepyTime

Midwestern Univ, Phoenix.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do they pass them out like candy or are there very limited interviews available?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year, I believe UCSF only interviewed ~100 people for their 25 or so spots. However every year they have like 20-25 of their own going into anesthesia and a significant number of them stay.

Stanford interviewed about ~120 ppl for their 17 spots.

This is what I was told by the programs so if I happen to be wrong, deal with it.

-Leto
 
Thanks everybody. Very helpful in understanding what it means to receive an interview.