How many interviews have you gotten?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many interviews as of the first week of October?

• Zero

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • One

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Two

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Three

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Four

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Five

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Six

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Seven

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Eight

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Nine or more

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stormjen

Path PGY
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm curious to see how many interviews people have at this point in the game, if you wouldn't mind sharing.

Members don't see this ad.

Put up my big goose egg. 'Course, I haven't applied yet (he wrote as the sphincter tone shot up a notch). Hope to be able to post something different if this gets re-posted the first week of November! :D

P

Woo hoo! I'm not the only one with only 1 interview!!! :D

I feel better now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I like how this poll has a closing date. What a perfect setup for the next poll titled, "How many interviews have you gotten as of the SECOND week of October." Brilliant!

AndyMilonakis said:
I like how this poll has a closing date. What a perfect setup for the next poll titled, "How many interviews have you gotten as of the SECOND week of October." Brilliant!

Yeah, I wanted to make sure the same people didn't come in and submit more votes after getting more interviews, thus screwing up the data.

Btw, you should talk to the U of Michigan people and insist they offer me an interview. I'm no yaah, so they probably won't be beating down my door if there's not someone on the inside telling them how wonderful I am.

STORMJEN is WONDERFUL and would make a FANTASTIC PATHOLOGIST!

stormjen said:
Yeah, I wanted to make sure the same people didn't come in and submit more votes after getting more interviews, thus screwing up the data.

Btw, you should talk to the U of Michigan people and insist they offer me an interview. I'm no yaah, so they probably won't be beating down my door if there's not someone on the inside telling them how wonderful I am.

STORMJEN is WONDERFUL and would make a FANTASTIC PATHOLOGIST!

OK OK ... OK OK

I shall invoke the voice of Christopher Lambert from Highlander: "There can be only one [yaah]" Now, based on that and if Michigan only took one person per year...yeah I'd be sh*ttin bricks too. But Michigan has 7 first year residents this year.

OK OK ... so ... I know where the applications are being downloaded and stored...and I have the keys to this mighty fortress. I shall leave cryptic but suggestive notes all around that place to plant the thought of interviewing you in their minds. Perhaps in Spanish, "Stormjen es wonderfulo y sera un pathologistico fantastico." OK maybe that doesn't sound too good. I think I'll need your full name, date and place of birth, SS#, and AAMC ID#. And we can make this work.

Aha! BUt you think my work will be done ey? No...realize this is phase one of my two-pronged attack. The second phase shall involve writing a letter to the program director in your support from the most well-respected pathologist at your institution. HEnce you will need to provide his/her name also. I will also need his/her voice sample. This is in case our PD decides to call this individual back. Finally, I will need you to secure a PO Box at your home institution. I will then command that all mail to that PO Box is forwarded to my home address thereby intercepting any attempts of our PD to communicate via US Mail with this individual.

This will be a touch and go operation...but I think it can be done. With meticulousness and fortitude, this plan shall be a success unparalleled in the history of the pathology match.

Andy - 7 PGY1 positions? Not that I doubt your word, but it seems a rather large figure. Do you mean the current PGY-1's, or positions for the 2005 Match?

deschutes said:
Andy - 7 PGY1 positions? Not that I doubt your word, but it seems a rather large figure. Do you mean the current PGY-1's, or positions for the 2005 Match?

Based on the scutwork chart, there are 4 positions filled in the match. 2 positions outside of the match. However, yaah said that there were 7 PGY-1's in this year's entering class....cuz one person deferred or something.

Maybe this year it'll come back down to 4 (6) again. Dunno.

There is also a CP-only PGY-1 here this year, so I am not sure what it all means for next year. I would say they will probably take at least 6, but whether they are all through the match, I don't know.

If you write to the PD, say you are a Red Sox fan.

AndyMilonakis said:
OK OK ... so ... I know where the applications are being downloaded and stored...and I have the keys to this mighty fortress. I shall leave cryptic but suggestive notes all around that place to plant the thought of interviewing you in their minds. Perhaps in Spanish, "Stormjen es wonderfulo y sera un pathologistico fantastico." OK maybe that doesn't sound too good. I think I'll need your full name, date and place of birth, SS#, and AAMC ID#. And we can make this work.

Aha! BUt you think my work will be done ey? No...realize this is phase one of my two-pronged attack. The second phase shall involve writing a letter to the program director in your support from the most well-respected pathologist at your institution. HEnce you will need to provide his/her name also. I will also need his/her voice sample. This is in case our PD decides to call this individual back. Finally, I will need you to secure a PO Box at your home institution. I will then command that all mail to that PO Box is forwarded to my home address thereby intercepting any attempts of our PD to communicate via US Mail with this individual.

This will be a touch and go operation...but I think it can be done. With meticulousness and fortitude, this plan shall be a success unparalleled in the history of the pathology match.

I was thinking more along the lines of going to the program director and begging. "Please please please PLEASE give Stormjen an interview. She's, like, really fantastic, and stuff."

But your plan sounds much more exciting. And if we get caught, we can claim we're shooting a spy movie.

stormjen said:
I was thinking more along the lines of going to the program director and begging. "Please please please PLEASE give Stormjen an interview. She's, like, really fantastic, and stuff."
It's the Chance syndrome.
"Give me a chance! I'll do anything! Just try me!"

Residency positions are one of those few things to which the beg, borrow or steal rule doesn't apply. Pity.

stormjen said:

But your plan sounds much more exciting. And if we get caught, we can claim we're shooting a spy movie.

No need to resort to begging yet...that's the last card in the deck that should be played. Like Texas Hold'em, gotta milk the pot by gradually increasing the stakes...go all in at the very end when the river card comes out.