How many interviews so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrAvicii

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey so who on here has a lot of interviews schedule already? anybody with 10 or more?

Members don't see this ad.

10 or more?! =O
I take it interview doesn't mean anything and has no bearings on wether or not you have a chance at getting in then? I thought it meant they were at least sorta interested and that you had a chance :confused:
I have 2 and I'm super psyched about that... but now I'm questioning and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. :(

10 or more?! =O
I take it interview doesn't mean anything and has no bearings on wether or not you have a chance at getting in then? I thought it meant they were at least sorta interested and that you had a chance :confused:
I have 2 and I'm super psyched about that... but now I'm questioning and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. :(
LOL. prime reason to stay off SDN. anyone who has 10 interviews isnt a respectable applicant. if your stats are THAT good, you should not be applying to that many schools. 2 is very good :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd rather have 1 interview at Harvard than 20 interviews that don't include Harvard.

LOL. prime reason to stay off SDN. anyone who has 10 interviews isnt a respectable applicant. if your stats are THAT good, you should not be applying to that many schools.

:thumbup:

I'd rather have 1 interview at Harvard than 20 interviews that don't include Harvard.

Whats so great about Harvard? I'm with zedong on this one.

OP - I have heard up to around 7 being the max so far (anyone can correct me here). A few have 4 -5, a lot have 2-3, and another big chunk have anywhere from 0-1. Hope this helps :)

Whats so great about Harvard? I'm with zedong on this one.

OP - I have heard up to around 7 being the max so far (anyone can correct me here). A few have 4 -5, a lot have 2-3, and another big chunk have anywhere from 0-1. Hope this helps :)

An international claims he has 11

There's this one person on predents that has 10 interviews listed so far :)

Hahaha. Wow. They applied to a lot of schools. I'm sure they didn't even need to waste their money.

I applied to 8 schools, and have interviews at 4 of them. Still waiting on NYU, Temple, Penn and UoP (the latter 2 are the ones I doubt I get interviews for :()

Nonetheless, I'm happy with a 50% ratio so far!

Dang, 10+ is crazy! Either way, I would say the majority of applicants have 2 or less interview invites at this point. You also have to remember that those on SDN are not representative of the population, so it might seem like everyone on here has 3+ interviews, but I really don't think that is the case.

I applied to 8 and have 5 so far... Mich, Nova, NYU, both Midwesterns

Applied to both Midwestern and have not heard back from either.

Man, SDN really is screwing with my head.

ADEA Guide + SDN = Drug and will be the death of me.

With that said...
I completed the secondary for Midwestern at the same time, but only got a confirmation e-mail from Arizona regarding the completion of my application, but not from Illinois... Should I be concerned about this?
I checked on the site and it said everything was in, but no e-mail. Seem a bit off how I get an e-mail from one "campus" and not the other?

Members don't see this ad :)
"ADEA Guide + SDN = Drug and will be the death of me."

Haha, I couldn't have said it better.

I applied to 11 and I have 5 lined up, and I think I'm going to cut it back to 4. I just can't afford to take the time away from class. I would consider 5 if one of my top choices contacted me, but we'll see.

I also disagree with anyone with 11+ interviews not being a respectable applicant. That may certainly be the case, but it is also possible that they would like to visit some schools to make a more educated decision. I have no idea what any of these schools are going to be like, and I'm trying to be as open minded as possible. If I wasn't in a difficult semester, and I had the money, I'd take as many interviews as possible.

ahhhhh, it is pain to wait for interviews.

I have applied to 13 but only heard from 1 so far......
Although I haven't got rejected from any school, it is just pain to wait and seems like pre-december interviews are filling up quickly!!!

Anyone else??

I've started having dreams about this. Last night, I dreamed I got a big packet from UPenn so I was really excited. When I opened it, it was a frame that said "You have not been accepted to Penn Dental". And I also had about 10 small envelopes from various schools that all said that I've been rejected. :shrug:

I've started having dreams about this. Last night, I dreamed I got a big packet from UPenn so I was really excited. When I opened it, it was a frame that said "You have not been accepted to Penn Dental". And I also had about 10 small envelopes from various schools that all said that I've been rejected. :shrug:

lol thats ad. what draws you to upenn? are you looking for an ivy school? they seem very expensive.

I had been saving up tons of money for a while for applications, so I applied to 18 schools. So far I have 6 interviews and I am going to all of them. I will spend the extra money now to ensure I get in somewhere.

I have 5 interviews so far. Of this number I have attended 1 already and will have the other 4 done in the next 3.5 weeks!

-2 (negative two) since it's already Sept and I haven't gotten any interviews so far :(

It'll be -8 by the time December rolls around and perhaps -18 by next spring. I'll be setting a new SDN record.

Last edited:
lol thats ad. what draws you to upenn? are you looking for an ivy school? they seem very expensive.

I applied to UPenn because I like their program. Yes, it's expensive but so is every other school lol. I think the reason why Penn specifically showed up in my dreams is because they've already sent out interviews to people in my batch and I never got one. So I've been thinking about it a lot =/

Read your post today...

Went to take a nap. Had a dream I got rejected from BOTH the schools I have an interview schedule with:scared::scared:

Woke and and checked my e-mail immediately to make sure they were not there.

Need to get off SDN ASAP

Read your post today...

Went to take a nap. Had a dream I got rejected from BOTH the schools I have an interview schedule with:scared::scared:

Woke and and checked my e-mail immediately to make sure they were not there.

Need to get off SDN ASAP

you have the SDNitis

I've applied to 8 schools and have 4 interviews scheduled so far. I'm pretty happy with that percentage. Still waiting on UNC, MUSC, UTenn, and Tufts, but haven't sent Tufts their secondary fees yet, still deciding if I can stand the cold weather!

I've applied to 8 schools and have 4 interviews scheduled so far. I'm pretty happy with that percentage. Still waiting on UNC, MUSC, UTenn, and Tufts, but haven't sent Tufts their secondary fees yet, still deciding if I can stand the cold weather!

Congrats! :thumbup: GJ

What are your stats if I may ask.

Also, Tufts haven't even sent out interviews yet, and from last years cycle, PreDents didn't report an interview until late October.. like the 20 something. You still have time to mail in that check IMHO.

I'm 5 for 9 which include my top choices. I was getting worried for a couple of weeks that I didn't have enough schools on my list. Now I just need to destroy the interviews.

Got my first 1 yesterday from MWU, definitely was excited to finally see something!

Got my first 1 yesterday from MWU, definitely was excited to finally see something!

Dude, with your stats you're going to get interviews everywhere. It's just a matter of time. You don't even have to bother with lesser schools lol.

Dude, with your stats you're going to get interviews everywhere. It's just a matter of time. You don't even have to bother with lesser schools lol.

isnt it rolling admissions for most schools? so theoretically the first applicants get priority?

isnt it rolling admissions for most schools? so theoretically the first applicants get priority?

Not really. Schools would rather give an interview to late Aug applicant with 22+ DAT over an early June applicant with 19 DAT.

It's like going out to a bar to pick someone up. Are you going to leave with a "5" at 10pm or wait until midnight and leave with a "9"?

Not really. Schools would rather give an interview to late Aug applicant with 22+ DAT over an early June applicant with 19 DAT.

It's like going out to a bar to pick someone up. Are you going to leave with a "5" at 10pm or wait until midnight and leave with a "9"?

lol thats not much of an answer. i think its rolling for most, because if all the spots are taken at a certain school for interviews in sept or oct, then even the best applicant would only get leftovers i.e. nov and dec.

our opinions on this issue really dont matter, but otherwise it makes no sense to apply early.

Am I desperate? I might settle if I just want his junk but then again, I'm a girl and don't have this problem. :laugh:

lol thats not much of an answer. i think its rolling for most, because if all the spots are taken at a certain school for interviews in sept or oct, then even the best applicant would only get leftovers i.e. nov and dec.

our opinions on this issue really dont matter, but otherwise it makes no sense to apply early.

I'm suspecting some schools offer interview invites earlier to people with high stats. I submitted my secondary to MWU on 09/02 and got my invite on 09/05. So I'm guessing most schools do interview on a rolling basis, but there's also some selection that goes on.

I'm suspecting some schools offer interview invites earlier to people with high stats. I submitted my secondary to MWU on 09/02 and got my invite on 09/05. So I'm guessing most schools do interview on a rolling basis, but there's also some selection that goes on.

sorry to burst your bubble, MWU is not a good example, they did the same thing for me and my stats are much lower than yours.

Maybe not then lol.

ye and my friend got the same thing from Midwestern IL, a week after he was complete he got the invite. so they probably review applicants right away and either invite them for an interview or reject them within a week of being complete.

Well, all schools are technically "rolling" by definition since the first offers are given out on Dec. 1 and continue into some time next year.

Schools have many years of experience to predict how the quality of the applicants will roll in during the cycle. Thus, they won't give out all their interview spots to the early birds since they will want to wait a little to interview the 21+ DAT scorers.

I'm not saying one must have super high DAT scores to land an interview early because there are a lot of 19 DATers who deserve interviews too. They can look at these early 19 DAT applicants and spot the winners to interview but will reserve enough spots for the later higher quality applicants.

It does make sense to apply early for some people because they are borderline and there will be more interview spots open for them.

The saying 'the early seagull gets the french fry" doesn't always hold true for everyone.

I took my DAT in late Aug and got an interview in early Sept with Pacific. So I was late applicant compared to others who submitted apps months ago to them. So I believe it's not first come, first served. Otherwise I would have to wait till Nov/Dec for the interview.

Well, all schools are technically "rolling" by definition since the first offers are given out on Dec. 1 and continue into some time next year.

Schools have many years of experience to predict how the quality of the applicants will roll in during the cycle. Thus, they won't give out all their interview spots to the early birds since they will want to wait a little to interview the 21+ DAT scorers.

I'm not saying one must have super high DAT scores to land an interview early because there are a lot of 19 DATers who deserve interviews too. They can look at these early 19 DAT applicants and spot the winners to interview but will reserve enough spots for the later higher quality applicants.

It does make sense to apply early for some people because they are borderline and there will be more interview spots open for them.

The saying 'the early seagull gets the french fry" doesn't always hold true for everyone.

Agreed. My stats suck (<3.0 BCP, 18AA) but I was in the first batch and I'm thrilled I received that July 5th interview invite from MWU-AZ. Had I applied later, I'm pretty sure I would be rejected :) Thank the Big Man up there.

Agreed. My stats suck (<3.0 BCP, 18AA) but I was in the first batch and I'm thrilled I received that July 5th interview invite from MWU-AZ. Had I applied later, I'm pretty sure I would be rejected :) Thank the Big Man up there.

I'm sure you had some other good things going on in your app to warrant an interview. :)

actually thats not true, the definition of a rolling admission is the submission of applications and review of those apps within several weeks (this seems to be the case as most people who submitted in early august, have been notified of interviews.) see wikipedia for the formal definition.

again its not worth it to discuss who does what or where or when, but it makes sense that people who applied early already have interviews (if their stats are proper.) even a person with a 22AA is better off applying early.

nguyen is a perfect example of how rolling admissions work. otherwise everyone would wait until the end and apply.